1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Cyclists/ebikers

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by DucatiScud, Apr 7, 2020.

1. What's with the mahooosive bloody handle bars appearing on MTBs?
    Stupid things take up most of the track!

2. Wow Nelson, you've found yourself in the Land of the Giants !! :astonished:

3. Tall dad! :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. D989347B-7FD8-4F21-AB9D-121E2B6176DA.jpeg
    Spent a lovely evening in Richmond, about 30 miles got a puncture in Weybridge but carried on as it was getting dark - front tyre luckily.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Did you ruin your wheel riding with a puncture?

6. no, it's fine and I need to junk it soon anyway, it's an old AlexRim 500 and the cups were worn even 3K miles ago. I ignored this and have just adjusted the slack! but friction is increasing and i'm too old to swap the centre out and re-spoke. Even the tyre seems ok but will check. I need to treat myself to a few service bits ideally.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Quite a hard pedal tonight, up and down the northdowns way . Lovely scenery though .

IMG_20200716_180914.jpg

IMG_20200716_180917.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  8. Nice afternoon for it...:cool:
    Went South today and spotted these, bees over Swindon village.
    IMG_1794.JPG IMG_1795.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  9. A mate has lent me his Merida cyclocross bike for the last few weeks. I've really enjoyed it and found that cycling opens up options that aren't possible on a trail bike down here, so I've just put a deposit down on a Look gravel bike. Call me a tart but even though I know I should have gone black, I've ordered some white pedals to go on it as well ;-)

Picking it up next weekend :)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  10. Nice, the 765 gravel yeah? Tempted by one of those myself

took a loop round into Essex and back through Herts today

5A68D855-8574-4637-BF88-DBE9FD67B985.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  11. Yes that’s right. A bit of a bargain too - half rrp!

I’m right getting into this peddling lark. Did a few rides last week on my mate’s Merida and his Mrs has persuaded me to drag my mtb out for a slog in the rain tomorrow morning. Bonkers.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Half price, blimey. Can you come with me to Ducati next time

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Loving the Gumwalls nicely designed frame just can never afford Look always been out of my budget

14. Love the Pace, had some Pace forks on a Zaskar back in the day.

Been an Orange man for years, some of you will remember Gizmo he was one of the head honcho's at Orange so I always got a fair amount of discount, had a Patriot 66, then a 5 and now an Alpine 6 (no photos of the Patriot sadly).

Road bike is a Genesis Datum 20, but I'm looking for another "cheap" bike just to strap into to my Kickr/Zwift if anyone has anything.

Five.jpg

Alpine 6.jpg

Alpine 6 -1.jpg

Genesis.jpg

15. Thanks, my lad rides the Pace for now until I can build his Pipedream frame up into a hardtail.

I bought a Orange Clockwork back in the very early 90's from Neil Walton in Didsbury Gripshifts, Flexstem and Magura Hydro stoppers great bike. He was also a Pace dealer, i'd lusted after a Pace from that moment took 9 years for me to buy 1 from A1 cycles in Wakefield.

Orange bikes are just peachy.

Love the Gt triple triangle design, my Guitar tech has a early suspension GT.

I haven't got anything for a turbo, I loaned out my frankenturbobike a few years back, guess the current user likes it too much.

16. I had real difficulty finding a suitable bike - COVID-19 has massively increased demand and reduced supply.

I eventually found a choice of three in my size at Tri UK not too far from me in Yeovil. An aluminium Cannondale Topstone at £1700, a carbon Topstone at £3500, and the Carbon Look reduced from £3500 to £2600. However when I went to the store it turned out that the Look was actually at the Nottingham branch and they wanted a £500 deposit to bring it down for me to see. The good news was that it had actually been reduced even further from £2600 to £1700 that very same. I wasn’t going to find another bike in stock nearby in my size with the 2-by spec I wanted ... and a deposit would give me three to choose from so I asked them to bring it down from Nottingham.

they called me up a few days later and said it had arrived, and I was well impressed ... at £3500 it was perhaps a bit overpriced, but at £1700 it is an absolute steal. The only downside is that it isn’t tubeless ready so I asked about an additional wheel set. It just so happens that they were offering 60% off all accessories so I have blagged two sets of Mavic tubeless wheels - one with 30mm tyres on and one “ex-display, shop soiled at 70% off” with 40mm tyres on ... nearly £1500 worth for less than £600.

Sweet. I love a bargain :)

E44F8E09-1C53-4000-B51B-BB0326848684.png

• Like Like x 4

17. Nice, lets hope Mavic find a buyer after they've gone into administration:(

18. They have - court just chose the best bidder from 14 offers, the guy who started the Bricorama DIY chain

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sounds an absolute bargain! . Top result on the wheels also .

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Ah that's good news for the employees then.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information