1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Cyclists/ebikers

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by DucatiScud, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Never mind, hopefully it will come round quicker than we think :) I manage my 10 miler at 1 o’clock this morning, a first for me, I followed a badger down the road. He or she did that running thing where they were locked on to escaping because of the pursuing light but luckily was wise enough to find a dip where it could escape.

2. New wheels for the Tarmac. Roll very well. 619ADA96-62F7-42F5-B91C-D7E44EDB48CB.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  3. Incredible ^ I can’t imagine what the innertube looks like, even if it has one!

4. Very nice, just need to take care in windy conditions, especially down hedged or walled country lanes and you go past a farm gate in a crosswind!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Been running tubeless on all my bikes for two years or so now.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Had a good ride at Swinley (nr Bracknell) the other day. About 13 miles and a great workout! Two days later perhaps a bit fired up after Swinley, did a favourite local downhill and set a 10th best all time on Strava (1400 riders). Not bad for an old geezer!
    PS one of the guys in the shot is over 70 and survived bad cancer a couple of years ago. Insprational guy.
    Swinley.jpg IMG_20200925_110249 (2).jpg IMG_20200925_125159 (2).jpg

• Like Like x 4
  7. How many of you discuss going electric/electric assist @Kirky - or is that a taboo subject?

8. Tbh I'd always considered it for pussies, but the older I get and the less ugly and lighter the electric bikes start to look it's starting to appeal.

Some of the off road conversion kits you can get are quite bonkers..

9. been looking for a while myself but so far would hinder rather than help over distance I would like to use it for.

10. Colnago do a very nice E64 looks like the C64, unfortunately only available with shimano so not ideal for the purists - still expensive enough for Italian pub bragging :D

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Yes it gets plenty of discussion and a couple of friends have gone to eMTB. I have also recently bought one (Cube Reaction pro 29) for the wife so that she can join me sometimes and it's great. Range is about 70-75 mikes on ECO by the way.
    However for now, I'm really enjoying the proper workout and am getting 50-60 off road miles in, on a good week. I feel really fit and some hills just don't hurt like they did when I only rode once a week.
    So next bike will be an eMTB but hopefully not for a few years and they'll be even lighter by then.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Please refrain from using Shimano and Colnago in the same sentence. :mad:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. I can see the appeal, who am I to criticise folk as long as it gets folk out it all good to me. I think I’d be too tempted to buy a SuRon though.

14. I will look that one up. :upyeah: I will probably go the DIY Amazon route if I do take the plunge.

15. Here I am back again with Vernon Ada and Betty, they don’t seem to age. About 13 miles total. It’s a bit miserable and drizzling now, so here’s a shot from the same view back in the summer: –

6B01D636-22ED-41A4-842A-D8C61D3E17FC.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  16. DB1B8160-ECD0-4FA6-9CD4-5125D4B536CE.jpeg
    just the Thames again, about 30 miles.

#936 Chris, Oct 9, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  17. @Chris Great shoot,but i'm waiting for the wheelie with the selfie stick.:eyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. B1CC3878-7FB8-4E9A-941E-25215466403E.jpeg
    Not happening any time soon P..

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. My chain snapped on my last ride, luckily at the beginning of my ride about 200metres from home.
    Chain side link pulled off the roller - chain only about 500miles old.
    Took it to my local one-man-band cycle shop and he added some new links and adjusted the gears for free while I waited. I did get a lecture though as I committed a big sin by setting off with the gears on the big front ring and big rear ring - this is apparently a no-no due to the angle it puts in the chain.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Tut tut :D

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information