1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bike Collection Advise

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Adrian Crosdale, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Morning everyone

Can anyone recommend a company to collect a bike for me, not shipley, i've heard bad things about them

Many thanks in advance

2. Where from and where to ? Andy

3. A to B :)

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Collection Truro - Cornwall, deliver to Chelmsford essex

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Thanks Andy

6. Yeah, definitely not Shipley, your bike will be delivered on it's side in the back of a van together with a sideboard and a side of beef by a driver who's driven a 100 hours non stop!

• Like Like x 1
  7. That's pretty much what i've heard lol

8. Hi, I am en route to Bournemouth, I can collect and deliver ASAP, one electric bike will be on the van at present, I cannot gaurantee other things won’t be, I can say bike delivery companies are well priced, I am fully insured for bikes and an enthusiast however other things do travel alongside them, I do protect bikes very well as I do everything....I’m on 07976 855 137 if you want a chat but I can say I won’t be cheaper than a bike delivery company as I imagine £120 will do it and I can’t do it cheaper, bike delivery companies might make you wait a few days but they are well priced.

Carl

• Like Like x 3
  9. Cheers andy for the thought :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mate, you always look after your own. Andy

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Agree, it’s a risky business going for the cheapest clueless monkey who gives not one jot about the things he is moving, I have heard some real horror stories

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hi Carl

Thanks for the chat mate, i'll drop you a text with my details

• Like Like x 3
  13. I've got a few bike specific delivery guys that I trust if you need them. @I'm closing in figures are realistic, I'd expect Cornwall to Essex to be a bit more expensive due to the distance.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. I used motorcycledelivery.co.uk to collect my previous MTS1200 from Essex to NE Scotland. They were very good and very reasonably priced. Coincidentally the Pantah I just sold was collected yesterday by the same firm. It's going to the midlands.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  15. I’ve had 4 bikes couriered by Mike ( 2wheels2u) over the last few years, good friend of mine has used his services on a few occasions too, he’s a total bike nutt ! & has his van kitted out specifically for motorcycle shipping, he has a website & Facebook page, I have his number, if you pm me, he’s also Essex based

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thanks for all of the replies chaps, i've booked it now with I'm Closing In :)

• Like Like x 5
  17. Thoroughly recommend @I'm closing in. Picked up my scrambler , didn't make a fuss ( would have been entitled to) when stupid banks held things up. Was super organised with times and a great guy to boot. Thanks Carl.

BTW from my 25 minute spin the bike is great. Lots of fun at real world speed.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information