1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bike Drying

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Rick B, Apr 16, 2017.

1. A while back a mate of mine bought a bike dryer to basically blow all the wet off the bike after a wash so I borrowed it and well,,, there a god send for drying all the awkward places you cant reach with a micro cloth (behind fairings, inside Allen bolts, switchgear etc.) I think he paid about £90.00 so after a bit of rooting on T'internet I found the same thing just that its used for dogs and £30 or so cheaper they may be good for removing decals as well.
    Rick

Stepless Speed Pet Dryer Dog Cat Grooming Blaster Blower Hairdryer 2800W | eBay

2. My neighbours that never wash their cars already look at me like some kind of weirdo for washing and drying my bikes. Adding a blow dry into the mix is going to do nothing for my credibility. :(

Sod it, I'm going to buy one. :Woot:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. By the time you've paid for the electricity wouldn't it be just as cheap to stick a gallon of petrol in it and let nature do the work. Much more fun as well

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Haha,, Does sound a bit OCD but comparing the cost to replacing all the Allen bolts and such for stainless when they've filled with water and got the dreaded rust, its a saving.
    I've had cruisers in the past with a lot of chrome and trying to dry the fins and all of where water sat was a nightmare

5. Wow,,,£240..00 thats one expensive blow jobby:sunglasses:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. But very satisfying lol, had mine a while now I from memory I paid about £180 ish

7. And not to forget it sucks too:)

• Like Like x 1
  8. I use the blow gun from my compressor. Always check its nice n clean but to blow the water from the allen heads and nooks and crannies it works a treat

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. I used to use the compressor but found out that if you don't have a filter(like they use in spray shops) it disperses moisture into the line

10. I always give my bike a blowjob (ooo er) after a wash but I just use a garden blower, only about 50 quid and works a treat

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. I always check and have never had a problem yet!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dunno why i quoted you twice @Rick B lol

13. I find if you open the drain plug on the air tank after each use no moisture builds up within. A mate had that prob and when we took the plug out it dribbled loads of rusty looking water out, he had had the compressor for a year or two and never opened it.

14. I've always used a Master Blaster filtered warm air dryer....been blowing like a good un for 2 years now without a single hiccup!...expensive blow job? ...yes but defo worth it!

15. We have a few large compressors at work and have to drain them twice weekly, Don't forget there drawing moisture from the air and saving it in the cylinder , after a while without draining it will rust up from the metal in the cylinder thus spewing crap out from the air line onto your pride and joy
    Personally I just say to the wife "Well ,, we cant go out on a dirty bike can we"? :mask:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. These are in my mind just as good but a tad cheaper 2 power setting 2 heat and filtered ,and its been blowing like a Kardashian on a camera for over a year now,:grinning:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. I take it you're not married then? :(

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. Youve obviously never met my wife!

19. She very draining weekly and also spews lots of crap out!

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information