1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bike Lift Table

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by flatstick959, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Going to get a bike lift for my new garage/workshop I’ve built.

Can anyone recommend a good one?

There are some in machine mart but they’re a bit more expensive than some on eBay or online by biketek and foxhunter whoever they are. Looking at pictures online they all look much the same

2. If I owned a garage I'd get the clarke lift that M-Mart do. For now I've got a abba-skylift.

3. I went 2nd hand and managed to find a mint ‘Clarke’ / ‘Machine Mart’ type lift that the guy only used once to change a wheel on a Harley...
    Picked it up for £250 which is a good £250-£300 saving on new. Some people seem to want a fortune for a doggy old one, but some affordable clean examples do come up.

They weigh a ton, so factor in collection with a van and a couple people to help load etc

Good luck.

543DB90D-AF38-41E8-AE29-4D84B3785DF5.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  4. I bought what looks like that same model. "Weighs a ton" is right.

I wish I had thought of getting some help with setting it up : o )

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  5. Yep. I've the same one.... carefuL of your fingers when moving it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. They can also tip up when weight is added to the overhanging end in the lowered position, due to the offset base vs top.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Yep, got the Clarke one from Machine Mart too.

To confirm, they do weigh a ton :) Good bits of kit. Oh, watch out for the VAT free days at Machine Mart. Sign up to their mailing list if you haven't bought from them before.

IMG_3829.JPG

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Yep, I've had that, see my pic above for a bike in situ in the lowered position, it doesn't take much for the lift to tilt forward, but it's easily caught. :upyeah:

9. That is a very clean garage!!! Very jealous..

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. That garage looks cleaner then my house!

lovely bike by the way

11. I bought an abba sky lift at the NEC this year for £399, excellent bit of kit.

12. ive this one, its one that can be quickly stored away or transported, I shift the lift between mine and my dads a couple times a year, it has the narrow deck which I prefer but I'm in middle of making a plate up to locate on the rear so wheels can be removed, that's my only downside, quality made bit of kit, ive also fitted a different front wheel clamp that make life a load easier, maybe not your thing but its another option knowing it doesn't take up a lot of room and is a good bit easier to shift around
    2016-06-21 16.44.11.jpg 2016-04-16 18.16.35.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  13. For very high quality go for LV8

14. Weh Hey, snap! Looks like we've all got one. The first thing I did with mine was junk all that front wheel guff on the front and fitted a small vice instead. I use a front paddock stand and the vice comes in handy.
    As said, a very handy piece of space saving kit. I pack all my track day kit and tools underneath it when it's jacked up and the lock bar is slotted in.
    And I concur, they do indeed weigh approximately one ton (imperial). Well, maybe not quite but you wouldn't want it on your toes with your slippers on.

15. I would prefer to use it with paddock stands somwould end up up removing the wheel clamp also

16. Thread moved

17. I have the LV8 - great item - but expensive.

I bought the 600 KG Nano version so I can get the car over it when lowered and also because it has the power source at the front.

20170724_112429.jpg 20170724_112603.jpg 20170724_112616.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  18. can you us paddock stands with that? how do you take the front wheel out?

thanks

19. Yes - works with paddock stands - the front clamp detatches so you can use a front stand if you want

But on my multi - I use centre stand and strap the back down to lift the front

On Scrambler I have a Constand Vertical lift to get both wheels off ground.

20. I find the front clamp handy sometimes, in the way other times when I have to use a front paddock stand and remove a front wheel. I just remove the clamp. It only takes 2 mins with a battery gun & spanner, so I just live with it. :upyeah:

IMG_5049.JPG

• Like Like x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information