1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Bike Running Uber Hot After Water Wetter.

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by psych0hans, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Hi, I flushed my coolant and replaced it with water wetter and distilled water. Now it's running much hotter than before. From what I saw online, it is probably air still in the system. Any tips on what I should be doing? I was hoping to get the bike to run cooler, but the result has been far from satisfactory... Thank you

2. Run it hot with the radiator cap off...you need to get the thermostat to open and let water around the cooling system. You can also try squeezing the rad hoses to try and force the air out whilst it's running. Failing that leave the rad cap off over night and let gravity do its thing. Air should rise to the top over a long period....

• Like Like x 2
  3. 99.99% certain it'll be an air lock. Fairings off and squeeze your hoses until it pops out.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Fnar

• Like Like x 3
  5. I hadn't thought of that. :innocent: Potty brain ! :)

6. Just had to google what fnar meant!! Haha

• Like Like x 1
  7. :laughing:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Squeeze you hose and see what pops out

:joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Water wetter I think ?? I'm lost :p

10. Think you may need some antifreeze/coolant in that too by the way...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I live in Bombay, India, so the temperature rarely ever drops below 20, let alone 0... Its usually in the high twenties/low thirties.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Christ I bet a panigale is delightful to ride in Bombay heat haha

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information