1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Bike Security

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Ash Hussain, Mar 16, 2019.

1. hi guys
    Just Got myself an 848. Doesn’t have an alarm. Was wondering if it’s worth fitting one or go for physical security such as chains, locks etc?
    Cheers

2. Physical...dont be one of those guys at the local bike meet with the alarm going that you cant switch off!

Roadlok's get one of those to start with (absolutely brilliant) have them on all 3 of my bikes. Then chains and what not afterwards...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. lol. That was me with my data tool alarm on my R1. ‍♂️

Thanks I’ll look into them.

4. Happens without fail every year at the TT....some bloke trying to get his bike started....while...the alarm is going off on the docks and all the bikes and cars are loaded on...theyre just more hassle than theyre worth....last 2 bikes ive had have had alarms on them....first job i do....get the alarm off....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Alarms are a waste of time and can cause problems. Physical security every time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. +1 For roadlok
    +1 For Almax chain (not portable)

• Like Like x 2
  7. The roadlok looks awesome. Cheers guys!

8. I think theres a lad on here that sells them a bit cheaper....

9. Yip almax chain and ground anchor, or pragmasis chain and ground anchor, the only two brands worth buying, look at the almax video wall of shame about how easy it is to crop all the other welknown brands

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. @Billy Big Roy. Andy

• Like Like x 2
  11. Just watched the videos. No chain survived more than a minute. Wow.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I have four almax chains (3 x 19mm/3 metres / 1 x 16mm/2 metres) for long term security and all the ducati's have alarms fitted when out and about:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  13. #If they want it they'll take it,the point is to slow them down ready for the cavalry to arrive:upyeah:

#13 XH558, Mar 17, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  14. I want to park it in my garage. But the garage isn’t beside my house as I live in a Terraced property.
    Garage is part of a block of garages. Garage is brand new. With new door etc. But the lock seems flimsy. And won’t take long to break it open.
    Any one here have any experience of similar?

15. Get disc locks too, I put one on each disc.

Yes it's a pain but has to be done.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. If it's a up and over garage door maybe a couple of these:thinkingface:
    index.jpg

17. Absolutely perfect! Thanks bud.

• Like Like x 1
  18. And put two pragmasis ground anchors in the concrete floor with two almax or pragmasis chains, try to chain it down through the frame and not through the wheels, as you might end up with just the wheels left, and put a very loud alarm connected to garage door, pragmasis also does a swing arm pin to go with their locks and chains, very good!

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

19. These do a good job... but they do advertise to everyone that there is something inside to steal...

Definately Almax or Pragmasis 19mm Chain and Pragmasis Torq ground anchor.

As has been said the Roadloc disc lock

I would suggest that on the inside of the door to the garage - you reinforce the frame fixing and on the frame of the door where you can add angle iron / aluminium to strengthen door... fixed in a way that is discrete..

I assume there is no rear axis to allow you to secure the up and over door from the inside?

If not.. then the above type locks are probably best option.. fix 2 towards the edges... but not tight to the edge.. so that the wheels of the car can just fit around the 2 brackets left on the floor... so they are approx 4'6" centres..

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information