1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bike Shed 999 Cafe

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by dubcat, Jul 24, 2019.

1. This bike looks great and sounds amazing (you have to wait till the end to hear it).

• Like Like x 11
    • Crap Crap x 2
  2. Very nice and clean looking. The headlight and cover are neat.
    Motogadget ‘glassless’ mirrors though! o_O

• Like Like x 1
  3. The mirrors aren't as bad as the fairing wtf ?
    Does sound nice though.

4. I don't like it at all. Angular tank doesn't look right with rounded fairings, (is the front nose cone the right size?). Do you think he will have to attach red flags to those exhausts for the overhang? Meh...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. I think that looks great but agree the tank doesn't look right o_O, I would love to do something like this with my 999.

6. Could be fun! Keep all the original parts though.

7. The whole Bike Shed thing is a bit tragic IMO... can't say that think he's improved the 999 in any way at all, and doesn't really have much of an eye for style or even keeping a theme consistent through the "build". Still, his bike and he's entitled to do what he likes with it. I hope the approval of the "scene" gives him some pleasure.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Have you been to the London show? Having gone to it for the past five years it has gone from strength to strength and the quality of some of the builds is quite outstanding.

Anything but tragic in my humble opinion.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. This was on show this year, seems rather apt :p

1D16E5B2-FEB0-42C2-9CA7-BC20DFF81413.jpeg

• Crap Crap x 1
  10. That's really shit :sob:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. These types of special rely on the silhouette and stance before the detail - this started off with neither considered so is just 'another special' :thinkingface:

12. I'm not saying the bike was the best in the show, but the message is apt.

13. Not with the bike being so shit as well as the slogans - it's only apt because it is one of the worst 'specials' ever built o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. So just help me to understand which part of this isn't tragic?...

15. I don’t know, you said apt, not tragic, it’s too hot to think straight :scream:

16. I'm happy to be proved wrong, the monstrosity you posted kind of validated my point but I think your tongue was in your cheek when you chose that image.

I've been to their cafe thing, been to a few of the shows... a few of the bikes are genuinely impressive and then there is a huge long tail of awful following behind... too many decent sportsbikes being hacked about, makes me think that the higher the value of the donor the greater the shock value and corresponding cries of "game changer". Haven't seen an RC30 flat-tracker yet but surely it just needs one reasonably well-walleted East London meeja type to cough up a bonus and it'll exist...

Same thing happened in the VW scene with the "patina" queens... an army of trucker-caps and turn-ups turned up and ruined a good thing. A few years ago the whole Dirt Quake thing, flat-track and shedbuilt customs was kind of interesting, but it's become a thing that people buy into and buy their way into and now it's yet another moneymaker, a turn-off. I'd rather pore over original bikes, or customs that are more about performance than style over substance. Variety is the spice of life, they say.

17. I didn't, that was @Masklin. Agree about the heat though... it's mafting.

18. Tail and taillight awful, nose even awfuler, but I quite Like the remainder, it’s seems like he couldn’t make his mind up, modern or old stylie..

Could have been worse I guess, it could have been painted yellow! X

• Like Like x 1
  19. I don’t disagree that some bike builds are a bit naff, though that’s down to individual taste.

I do however respect the folk that put their time and effort into building something unique. They are after all individuals that share the love of bikes, so I think I personally just find it sad that someone into one genre of biking feels the need to write off a different genre, and I assume the folk that are part of it, as ‘a bit tragic’.

Live and let live.

20. It's the heat :scream:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information