1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bike Transport Suggestions...scotland To England

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Chris.King1, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Any suggestions for a respected bike transporter, to transport a bike from Paisley area in Scotland to Hemsby area in England. The catch...it needs to be picked up on a weekend, due to sellers work commitments. Therefore a company based in Paisley area would be better rather than a national one as they don't allow much flexibility.

Thanks.
    Chris.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Chaz imported my 1098R Bayliss from Denmark - highly recommend.
    With any of the larger companies with more than 1 van you can still get weekend service fairly regular, it's a toss up between how quick you want it while they sort a round robin trip to suit their route plan at any particular time. I guess someone based up there is regularly heading South though...

3. Yep top guys, They even were willing to check and pay for a bike on arrival for me that i couldnt buy due to distance, It was private sale and they just take a small fee, Last year it was and the fee was around £70, Cant complain with that for service

4. what have you brought:thinkingface::)

5. maxresdefault.jpg And definitely Not recommended are this crowd;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. ...dont want to jinx it just yet!

7. Chris,no problem please let us know when you take delivery with pic's etc:upyeah:fingers crossed for you

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. certainly will...Benelli I sold should be getting picked up next week, then arrange for my new bike...she is a beauty though

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sometimes paying a bit extra for a quality service that's fully insured and highly recommended given you're asking them to transport something in the thousands of pounds, is the best spend of the deal.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. well here it is...748sps...and yellow! Has new set of cast iron discs, 50mm Termis and March' wheels, also carbon airbox/runners, etc. Never thought I would go yellow!

IMG-20180706-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20180706-WA0008.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  11. lovely welldone you:upyeah:

12. oops...second picture

IMG-20180706-WA0009.jpg

13. thanks, miss my old 749R, but even more so the 748/916, etc looks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Luvly bike, Is nice in yellow, Which courier did you use in end??

15. justmotorcyclestransport...simply because they were near to collection

• Like Like x 1
  16. Looks great!

17. You would be surprised about fully insured bike transportation especially uk to Europe and vice versa, I recently tried to upgrade my insurance so I can be fully insured to carry bikes on the uk European routes, and do you know what you cannot do it according to my insurance company, what you can do is transport bikes or say individual pieces of furniture or things that are not removals under the CMR agreement, so yes your bike can be transported insured from the uk to Europe or vice versa, but the interesting bit is your pride and joy is insured to the tune of £8,300 per ton....so your expensive Ducati weighs in at 170kg? I won't do the maths but needless to say it's not very good cover, I mentioned chaz Mortimer who bought my bike over from Belfast and said he claims to cover bikes up to £100,000 my insurance said that must be a % of the entire van full if that makes sense? As moving bikes around Europe can only be done under CMR, my insurance insists the only way to fully cover your bike move is to insure the move with an individual policy taken out by the individual, if a van has 4 bikes in it and is destroyed then those 4 bikes will be covered to the tune of circa £8,300, be careful when choosing a bike mover, check the insurance cover it's very easy to do, you would be surprised how easy it is to call yourself a bike transport company, you might find your bike turning up with a washing machine, a wardrobe, general shit been moved around by our polish friends in the commonly seen small curtain side vans with the sleeper cabs on top, I'd love to see these guys insurance, more amusing when said vans are empty the angle the back points up at is hideous blatantly obvious the vans suspension is doctored to carry illegal amounts of weight.

Not everything is as it seems or as it should be, don't believe everything you read, people tell fibs often the people you least suspect....commonly known as bullshit.

Yes I can carry bikes legally and insured up to £20,000 in the uk under my goods in transit specifically covering motorcycles, in Europe yes under CMR £8,300 per ton, easy to check just google CMR to see the regulations involved in European transport I bet most never knew it existed.

Also check the transporter has business use insurance 'hire and reward' relevant to his or her particular business, without that no other policy is any use whatsoever.

My public liability is £5,000,000 in uk and Europe

Not trying to scaremonger just pointing a couple of things out.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information