1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bike you wished you'd owned

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by peter james, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Following on from the Bikes you've owned thread ,It got me thinking " I wish I'd owned"

An XT 500 or better still TT500

[​IMG]
    One day

2. This one - couldn't afford one (as a second bike) when they were launched :frown:

04_Ducati_Paul_Smart.jpg

Rare as rocking horse shit on the used market now

04_Ducati_Paul_Smart.jpg

3. RC30 and RC45

Hopefully one day! Can't decide which one first though...

• Like Like x 2
  4. Think they have an RC45 for sale at Craig's Motorcycles in Wakefield. Or it could be the RC30.

It's one or the other.:biggrin:

5. wish l owned a 888 oh hang on l do:tongue:
    fancy a jota but only if l could afford one and keep the 8

6. Bostrom 998S

7. Hayabusa.....even if for a month....

AL

8. Laverda 1200 Mirage.
    Just cos it sounded and looked incredible at a time when I had just passed my test and was wobbling around on a GSX400F.

9. RG 500, had a RG250 1st bike i had after passing my test, but being a young apprentice couldn't afford the 500

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. RD500 and RG500

I've also got a stange desire for something from the 60's, but fear they might be horrid to ride!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Yeah I've got one of those and It's a nightmare to ride. Once a year i'll try and tickle start it but I give up when it wont respond. In the end I just ---

Turn over and go to sleep.:mad:

12. This one, the first bike of my dreams

900ssblackgold.jpg

And the second
    laverda-jota[1].jpg

The Moto Guzzi adverts adverts at the time said 'Long legged and easy to live with'. Probably a reference to the trials of Ducati and Laverda ownership.

Guzzi_long_legged_2[1].jpg

But the Guzzis were just a little bit agricultural in comparison, quite liked the sheer bodystocking however.

900ssblackgold.jpg

laverda-jota[1].jpg

Guzzi_long_legged_2[1].jpg

#12 Denzil the Ducati, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Z900.jpg 916_SP3_-_Main.jpg Triton.jpg vfr400.jpg Oh yeah baby, keep filling that garage!

Z900.jpg

916_SP3_-_Main.jpg

Triton.jpg

vfr400.jpg

14. Duc, would you go for the 180 crank one or the 120? 180 for me, when I first heard one I thought it sounded like the perfect noise (still do) like one of the old Deltic engines on the railways. Perhaps even better than a 90 degree L twin

15. Bevel NCR Racer or 1993 888 SPS Corsa factory racer or Kawasaki ZXR750RR 1993 Muzzy Factory racer!

#15 Imola, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  16. KR1-S pretty much any bimota (especially BB1), Ducati Paso an MuZ scorpion, gsxr1100... the list is long.

17. There are many I'd like but there's something about these;

[​IMG]

My Dad had one in his youth but it was gone before my time, wish he'd kept it...

18. My Dad used to ride one like this.

1951-panther-model-75-1-932x570.jpg

I'd rather have something a little more modern though.

I once entered a competition to win a Norton F1, I'd convinced myself I was going to win but I did not. For closure purposes, I'd still like one, even if just for a summer.

1951-panther-model-75-1-932x570.jpg

19. My SS900 was just like that one, and I had a Jota 180 too but mine was silver... The SS900 was all I'd hoped it would be, but the 80 Jota was pretty hopeless.. too tall, too top heavy, bad vibes, it sounded good, but not as good as the Desmo..

20. Lots of Laverda fans here. I bought an RGS1000 a few years ago, as a project, then spent the next couple of years giving it a thorough rebuild, put it on the road, and then its just sat in the garage... 32MPG is a bit tough to cope with in the modern world, and its not as involving as the Ducati to ride, its too heavy, and has skinny tyres, and feels a little compromised in its stability. In the 1500 miles or so that I have run it for its been comfy, and usefully quick, but Im not sure that its really me.

Lots of folks seem to like its looks, and it always draws admirers. The RGS has lots of similarities to the Jota, a 120° crank, and a very effective top fairing, but try throwing it around, and it protests too much! Anyone want to buy one?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information