1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Biketrac

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Adamwhittuk, Jan 28, 2018.

1. So my bike is around 100 miles away from my house at the moment. Checked my BikeTrac a few times and still says it's at my house! Good to know the tracker is working well....

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Crap Crap x 1
  2. .. take it back after speaking to BikeTrac they told me exactly where it was and are bang on. The GPS just hasn't updated because of where it is.

3. Did they explain why it hadn't updated ?

4. Because it's in a basement the GPS signal is not picking it up. That's why BikeTrac is pretty decent as they use RF signal aswell which only they can see so that's how they can tell me where it is.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Right brilliant, the reason I asked is because I'm having one fitted and not sure yet how the damn thing works. :upyeah:

6. I had the same issue or non issue really.

There are more than 1 type of pinpointing technique used by biketrac. HOWEVER, what we see on the map only uses GPS so if you don't have GPS, it doesn't update.

I picked up my bike from the dealer after the biketrac was installed. Biketrac knew where my bike was accurately but unfortunately I thought the dealer forgot to install it or lied to me for a long time as the bike was still showing up at the dealer location.

7. Mine has always been spot on but then I’m never in basements or anything. Only issue I’ve had is my app not updating my security settings. I turn off SOC or turn on Service mode and it doesn’t actually update. 2 false alarms and they turned it off for me but would like it if the app worked in that respect.

8. Unless someone has nicked your house. :thinkingface:

Do you have Housetrac fitted? :worried:

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. I appreciate the tec but if some toe rag nicks mine I'm not sure I'd want it back, better to get the payout? As your likely going to have a claim even if it's recovered.

10. Hmm... I think I'd want to know exactly where it was up to the second, all the time with no delays. Then I'd have the option of going to retrieve it myself and deal with the matter 'in house' because by the time the police had got there it'd probably have been stripped down into pieces, been on eBay a week and then sold and dispatched all over the world.

11. Yes, I do agree on that to a degree - but unfortunately, in London, often insurance wont touch you if you have a pricey bike without a tracker.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. The Biketrac recovery rates are high by industry standards with most bikes that are recovered being recovered in a very short time frame. This does of course rely on the owner responding to a movement alert immediately and the co-operation of the Police with their call centre. Andy

• Like Like x 2
  13. I have to have one now as a stipulation of my insurance. It does bring a peace of mind with it, however two bikes down now i am not going to get complacent. Also carry an Almax chain and a RoadLok is fitted.

Unfortunately i have to park illegally 9 times out of 10 in order for the bike to be chained to something, but so far my polite manner and explanation as to why has served me well.

IMG_0839.jpg

• Like Like x 12
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. Maybe on a fairly standard bike but if you've spent a lot of money on upgrades I'd want it back.

15. I had exactly the same experience. They patiently explained it to me. They must get the same call from every new user.

16. The way it's been explained to me - and I hope I never get to test this - is the scum who do the nicking are unskilled opportunists, they pass the stolen goods up the chain to slightly more skilled scumbags for dismantling and selling on. The next level in the hierarchy won't touch the goods until they know it is not being tracked. They can't afford to have their workshops raided. This is how Biketrac can claim such a high recovery rate, most of the thefts are by low-lifes who just push the bike down the nearest dark alley and wait and see. If you/BikeTrac/police can respond in that period the chances are you will recover it unmolested.

But...... it's still going to f*ck your insurance because, even if you are lucky enough to recover it with no damage at all (unlikely), it is still a "notifiable event".

17. My excess on the S1000 has now doubled, aswell as having to have all the security.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. I have a tracker fitted and have been told by the guys at bike trac that the unit is really struggling with GPS signal. all i get from it is a start and stop position might be nice if the stop position was actually where the bike is, dealers are looking at it next service.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information