1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bilbao Campsite Recommendation

Discussion in 'Touring' started by Carr01, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Hi,
    Off to Spain and France in June and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good campsite near to Bilbao. We want to spend a day in and around the city and visit the Guggenheim museum. This will be our first of many stops as we travel towards Girona than over in to France towards languedoc region then north homewards. Any help on good sites would be greatly appreciated
    Anthony

2. Hi,
    I`m working in Bilbao at the moment. Not sure of the local campsite situation but can suggest the `Occidental Hotel`. Super place with underground parking. Walking distance to the old part of town if you fancy a Rioja or 2.
    Mega tapas also.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. If only one night would also recommend using a hotel if possible .Lots of good ones with parking .We normally stop the night before getting ferry back home and last year paid £35 B and B in September.
    Bilbao is worth exploring beyond the museum imho.
    Sorry can't help with camping but reckon you may have to ride in to city from site and find parking

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. As said , hotels , F1 are a good value

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Really liked bilbao the short time I spent there in November. The old parts beautiful. Got horrendously lost when we arrived off the ferry. Don't recommend that.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information