1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Billet Reservoirs

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by jack999s, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Can anyone say if these are a direct replacement for the originals on my 1098 sfs? this is for the brake, can this one also be used for the clutch or best going for the smaller one designed for clutch side? thought maybe both been same size would look better? Do they come with mounting brackets or use the origionals? any advice appreciated good or bad, what other options are there?cheers

Ducati PRAMAC Front Brake Reservoir Fluid Tank 25mm

#1 jack999s, Sep 18, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  2. You can use the larger reservoir for the clutch if you prefer, it makes no difference.
    I fitted Rizoma reservoirs to my SF, used the small one for the clutch only because I bought them as a set from a fellow member on the forum. I used the original brackets but had to replace the pipes as the Rizoma reservoirs have a side outlet. I used Brembo pipe which i bought off e bay but if the pramac reservoirs have a bottom outlet, your original pipe should be ok.
    sf3.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  4. I have small(clutch) reservior on the brake master cyl on my SSie with no problems.

5. I've been looking for ages for some decent reservoirs. The originals look like tupperware sandwich boxes. I'm trying to find some squarish ones that are a similar shape to the OE pots, but black anodised (or painted) billet ally. Not so keen on the cylindrical ones but the flatish, squarish ones I can find are WRS and they're fabulously expensive. Still got the tupperware boxes..

6. @Gimlet I've just bought 2 of these Rizoma pots. I bought the clutch pots for both brake and clutch as they are smaller. After seeing them on a streetfighter a few weeks ago, they do look good when fitted and topped up.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

But while looking, I noticed these pots, which are very similar in shape to Ducati OEM resevoirs. I don't know if this is the type of thing you are looking for. They were about £37 iirc
    [​IMG]

#6 Robarano, Sep 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2016
  7. Didn't care for the oval ones in the packet but now I see them on the bike they do look nice. Seems very cheap for Rizoma. Do they use the original bracket?

8. My oval ones were about £60 each, if I hadn't seen them on a bike and been so impressed, I would have gone for the triangular ones.

I went to fit them the other day and they don't use the original bracket, so another that's £30 each, which does make them expensive. The brackets may be here today, so if they arrive I'll post a picture of mine fitted.

$_57.JPG

9. The Tupperware boxes on my 999 looked awful with their nasty, corroded, oem Brembo lids but now I have aftermarket alloy lids on there, I'm pretty happy with them

10. Yes my lids have bubbled as well. It wouldn't be so bad if the plastic wasn't opaque white. My KTM has placcy reservoirs but they're a sort of smoked greeny brown colour and they don't look too bad.

11. My lids bubbled when the bike was less than 18 months old. They were replaced under warranty, but tbh, giving them a flash over with a black aerosol would have done the trick.

IMG_1261.JPG

12. I guess if they were anodised rather than painted that wouldn't have happened. Don't even look like they've been etch-primed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Mine are translucent white and look fine with polished alloy covers, especially if kept clean.

14. @Gimlet & @Maccaa I fitted the Rizoma fluid tank to the clutch side today. I think it looks much better that the standard mini tupperware box. Brake side to follow (with the same small size clutch fluid tank)

Pro
    • Easy to fit
    • Excellent build quality
    • Look very good when fitted.
    Con
    • Not cheap at about £100 a side with the bracket
    • Cantered slightly forward on my Streetfighter which means the fluid is not level in the sight glass,
    IMG_4774.JPG

IMG_4776.JPG

IMG_4778.JPG

15. They do look nice I must admit. Looks like you've got the same Rizomo 4D Aspheric mirrors as me. Superb quality with a fantastically crisp view of my elbows.
    I reckon mine need a half inch spacer on that short horizontal section to push them out a bit.

16. The mirrors are the Rizoma Circuit ones. They actually give quite a good view as they are rock solid and every OEM Ducati mirror I've ever had vibrates like hell. :upyeah: You do have to pull your elbow in though when using them. I've just got so used to doing that with all Ducatis over the years, I don't even notice it these days. :)

#18 Robarano, Sep 21, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2016
  17. @Gimlet the 2nd small resevoir arrived today after being out of stock for a few weeks. Now fitted to the fighter. :)

IMG_4788.jpg
    IMG_4783.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  18. Nice! How much for the pair with the brackets? [​IMG]

Do Not Sell My Personal Information