1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bit of a rare beast this one

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by ducv2, May 25, 2012.

1. Spotted at Squires 25/05/2012, asking price on E Bay is up to 100 grand

IMAG0336.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. A brand new one, never registered one on eBay, £109k :redface:

3. I'd sooner have an RC30 and keep the change.

4. It was the pinnacle of motorcycle engineering in its day, even i lusted after one.

But now, it just looks like an old boat! lol

5. It's hardly a Beast.

6. Last time i saw one was at the nec in 1999. Love them.

7. i got one in me shed !

8. Definitely two wheeled exotica right there, also a statement from Honda.

I was at a GP down south around about the time this bike was released and me on my poor old Kat saw two of these in the flesh in one day at that GP, one guy even had an NR 750 number plate as that ... the mind boggles at the money involved.

Amazing machinery, not necessarily the best, but definitely the best engineered road bike on the planet ever, only 300 of them were ever made ... finding spares if you threw one down the road does not bear thinking about ... but I'm sure someone has :)

MCN video test here.

It almost sounds like a V8 too

Imagine a beast like that with decent pipes.

#8 Katana1000S, May 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2014
  9. I saw one of these at Goodwood FOS last year. A very rare sight, but over £100k. Good luck with that one :eek:

10. I was nearly the 1st person to drop 1 of those, at the NEC, I got on the revolving stand while my mate took a quick pic before the security chased me off it. It wasn't very steady and as I climbed off it the opposite side to the security guy it wobbled a bit. still got the photo somewhere, I was wearing a Ducati sweatshirt. Saw 1 at Brighton last year which was open to offers of around 200k so the price is coming down!

11. There was one for sale at the Bike Show in Manchester in March - like others I lusted after this at the time but had never seen one in the flesh.... in my view it hasn't aged well and looks very chunky and dated by modern standards. £100k sounds expensive - Im sure the one at Manchester Show was about £80k... personally - although it was the pinnacle of Honda engineering at the time - I'd rather have an RC30 in R/W/B livery in the garage than an NR!! there again, I also hanker after an NSR 250RR Rothmans Stroker too!!

#11 998gsb, Jun 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  12. The bike that inspired tamborini to design the 916.

13. Where as the 916 still looks iconic, and beautiful now - which goes to show just how bloody good Tamburini's design was!

14. Spot on Gav!
    :upyeah:

Have you seen the value rise of original unmolested 1994 916 strada's ? shocked!!!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information