1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bit Of Work On The Hyper Forks

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by andyb, Jan 31, 2020.

1. So hyper 1100 evo with std marzocci 50mm black uppers. These have always been crap and not really any adjustment to be had, so on the plan was to change the cartridges.
    these arrived today from italy.. Andreani cartridges ;):upyeah:
    IMG_2807.jpg

2. While i had the forks stripped out i also sent off the std chrome stanchions to be black carbon coated. IMG_2808.jpg

All bushes checked and new seals
    IMG_2809.jpg

3. check on the spring sizes(can you see it) to suit my delicate arse..
    IMG_2811.jpg

4. ohlins specified oil filled up with the measured air gap

IMG_2812.jpg

5. and voila..

IMG_2813.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  6. First job on my Hyper939 this year when I've got the cash. No fork adjustment at all...:worried:

7. bouncing the front up and down now gives that loverly sucking/damping restriction sound....never did that with the original shoit!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Any special tools needed? Just undo bottoms, unscrew tops, throw old shit out, pop good stuff & oil in...:punch: Job done, ride away happy!

I forbid the 'just' word at work. It never usually is!

9. :upyeah::)

10. oooohhh - prices, delivery time, supplier....hows does it feel? i need to know all of these things.....been looking at these myself - oh who did the stanctions? my gold ohlins ones on my rsv4 are starting to loose their golden-ness.........

11. Ah 939 - ive got the old 1100 evo sp...what about the coating?

12. That was just me butting in with a UK supplier for the ones I want!
    The OP has 1100evo with Marzochis...

13. Coating....? im really interesting in finding someone that can coat some stanctions....my old dads 400/4 is coming back on sunday from 5 years in storage with fucked stanctions - the damp has corroded the chrome plating...

14. So i got my andreani kit from italy rimini Sestamarcia.... same price as Brooks but the springs to your weight are supplied included in the price, With Brooks its extra cost.
    I have to say Sesta email contact and info was spot on, just do your homework to know exactly the right kit you require!

Brooks do the coating, again even with my trepidation, their contact and speed of service was really good. they did try to get me to have the stanchions re chromed first but i said no.

• Like Like x 1
  15. haven't been out on it yet but just setting the sag and bouncing it it feels and sounds a world of difference. btw i think there was something wrong with my original internals as neither damping seemed to make any difference..

16. Well, mines the EvoSp - the taller one...how do you tell the difference between the two?

17. i believe thats requires the D10 kit, the cartridge is longer...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information