1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bitter Sweet

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Stuliet, Aug 14, 2021.

1. Hi All,

Having had various bikes over the years, I had never managed to get all my ducks in line to scratch the Ducati itch. This changed this week when I had the incredible good fortune to win a Panigale V4 SP - this is of course the sweetest feeling.

With the good news there is a kicker and this is, predictably, the insurance. I sold all my other bikes a couple of years ago (what a mistake that was) and have been contemplating getting something again but have no recent insurance history. Looks like I will have a spectacular piece of garage art while I buy something more reasonable to get some current insurance history - the bitter, although not that bitter really.

Overall though, I can’t really complain about having my dream bike waiting for me. Expecting delivery sometime next week so no pics with bins until then

3FAC25E3-36B0-4117-BA84-EB9E32A2BA7F.jpeg

• Like Like x 19
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. You won it ?

3. Yep, I won it, the best £9 i have ever spent!

• Like Like x 5
    • Love You Love You x 1
  4. Nice one!
    Considering the bike only cost 9 quid, how about spending some of what it would have cost on some insurance?
    Alternatively - use it as a trackbike and then you don’t need insurance!

#4 RickyX, Aug 14, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
  5. Track days are a possibility, but then i need to buy a van and don’t get “credit” towards next years insurance. I know, first world problems are not exactly the worst problems to have.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Congrats! Make sure you wrap it up properly while you're waiting to use it ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Lucky lad Welcome.:)

8. No NCB and 2 years off bikes ? Nah, you'll never get insurance. I'll give you your £9 back and it can keep my Speciale company :joy: The way forward is to actually talk to someone. I use Cornmarket but you'll be looking at thousands, not hundreds whichever underwriter accepts the risk. Welcome and good luck (ya bastid) Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Thanks for the offer, very kind of you :)

I spent most of yesterday on the phone, and you are right, lots of thousands needed. I don’t think I tried Cornmarket though, will give them a call on Monday. I think getting something cheap and cheerful to restart my insurance history is the best best. A year of cleaning/polishing a brand new bike? OK, i can do that.

And I do feel jammier than a jammy dodger dunked in jam

• Like Like x 6
  10. Welcome Mr Jammy Sod :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. It would seem a shame for your bike to be sat doing nothing for a while. Therefore I offer to sacrifice my available free time to at least get your bike up to it’s first service before Summers end. I’ll even cover the cost of fuel.

There would be no charge for me to insure it to ride, I can pop down to pick the bike up anytime this Month just let me know when it’s convenient. :upyeah:

You’ll maybe need to insure it as a sorne’ed vehicle though should god forbid it get taken from you.:(

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. When you run a quote put the value of the bike in at just under £20k. Say £19,950. There seems to be a threshold at this level. You should then find it doable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. It’s only worth £9. Insurance should be pennies :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 5
  14. Congratulations :upyeah::upyeah:
    Be aware of Continuous Insurance and DVLA.
    Bung the bike on SORN until you get the insurance sorted or, heavens forbid, you sell it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. They’ll send him a warning letter as they did with my van earlier this year, it was taxed and insured but as I have a traders policy and hadn’t registered on the MID data base I got a warning letter.

• Useful Useful x 2
  16. I would give £10 for it.

17. Congratulations!

I found BeMoto quotes to be the most reasonable insurance recently.

Good luck

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Wow how lucky
    Congratulations :)
    Look forward to my bins

welcome into our mad house

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Perhaps a van competition for another small £9.00 investment is the way forward here, anyway very nice & look after it.:upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. 2nd free one this week

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information