1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Black 999, ‘05

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Byza, Oct 6, 2020.

1. How’s this biposto look fellas? 39000kms with full service history.

EFDDE429-0157-4FB8-8863-7905FCF5C32B.png

E9552787-6546-454F-B9BF-8E3D4C0107FF.png

F6F3F1C0-963D-42C7-A187-79DAEF99E7CB.png

• Like Like x 1
  2. Looks great but did they come with RED frames.:thinkingface:....Welcome along as well.:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Very nice and as above i don't think they came with red frame as standard, could be wrong but it does look good:upyeah:.

4. What price?

5. Wants 4600gbp

• Like Like x 1
  6. Is he up for offers?

7. When did it last have it's valves done, does it need a belt service, pads, fluids, tyres, chain and sprockets? - all add up massively on top of the cost of the bike.
    It's been stripped at some point to have the frame painted red, is the history of that known?

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. im with Ex on this... its not cheap for the mileage and they need to be in pucker health

move onto the next one unless the number begins with a 2

9. if you look at the completed listings on ebay you can see that most 999's are sticking around the 5k level

i would personally sift through those and then tap up someone who has not managed to complete a sale through ebay and make a lowball offer. youve got nowt to lose and you got cash money

10. Or was the frame always red and black panels fitted?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Or were the Red panels painted black :):upyeah: it's a mystery o_O

or, the silver frame painted red and the yellow panels painted black :eyes:

12. Hi guys thanks for all the reply’s. I have since spoken with the chap. The black fairings have been fitted only so he says, they are original new and in A1 condition apparently. He prefers the look, still has the original red ones. Service done 2000kms ago and just under 12 months (belts etc all done with receipts). He has owned the bike since 2011. He has another triple9 which he races and has just bought another race bike and this one is not being used hence its sale. To put some context on it, I’m in NZ and the price he’s asking is lower than most others being sold. Obviously not as many coming on the market out this way and being NZ things in general always a little more $ wise, as mentioned it’s competitively priced in the current market! Obviously a reasonably competent fellow technically with bikes, makes one wonder else has been changed if anything (my skepticism creeping in possibly). Difficult decision.

• Like Like x 1
  13. And when were the valve clearances last done if ever?

14. Oooh, look :eyes::eyes::eyes:, a Nero:joy:.

@chizel can take that back home for you he's off soon:D
    :upyeah: (mind you he's been 'off' for ages)

15. The bike is already there :thinkingface: and Chizel isn’t here anymore :worried:

16. Where’s the ‘sad’ emoji when you need it. His wit and repartee will be sorely missed :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. its not a difficult decision. everyone here is saying walk. its expensive and has crap provenance and needs money on it. what does freight cost and uk to nz road legal conversion costs etc?

18. Don’t worry, this is the internet, apparently you can be anywhere in the world and whoosh, just like that, you can post a comment
    Just wait, he’ll be back.
    :)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. i think we should all crowdfund the OPs potential 9'er purchase so he doesnt get a lemon

Do Not Sell My Personal Information