1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blank Dash Lcd...

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by BrassFlute, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Dash being the operative word.. Sparked up the bike this afternoon only to find the lcd dash is completely blank (hyper 1100) - it glows so must be getting power but nothing is displayed. Was fine when I put the bike to bed for winter. Bike runs ok and the lights at top of dash work (e.g., main beam). Any ideas from you good folk?

2. Sounds like the lcd panel has failed

3. Thanks nelly. Sounds like a new dash which sounds pricey!

4. Tried re-seating it....and not to dwell on someones bad luck but if its dead (id like to buy it) i need the glass off the front as mines got a couple of marks on it!!

Also - as a last resort, pull it apart, and re-tin all the solder points inside...could just be a bad link if the moisture has gotten in there....if youre not handy like that ill happily do it for you...

• Like Like x 2
  5. Hey comfy. Thanks for the tips. Tried replugging a few times and no joy. Taken the hit on a new one so when it lands you are welcome to the old one.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Random thought - what happens to the mileage when you plug a new dash in - presume it’s stored in the ecu so don’t have to bother getting it updated with current miles?

8. New dash = zero miles

9. Yeah - thats right....0 miles...let me know when yours is free...cheers!

10. I think it depends on the bike. On recent bikes I believe the mileage is stored in the ECU and BBS unit as well as the dash, so if the dash is replaced the mileage on it can be restored. I think it will be 0 miles for the Hyper though.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. The HM has 2 dash versions. If it has the 24C02 eeprom then this is pretty simple to clone from the original dash. If it uses the PIC18F6585 then this needs some expensive kit to read the eeprom.

12. 88432EDF-0EA8-4D0B-9692-32AF8E49F89B.jpeg Thanks crisw that’s good to know. New dash fitted:) £725 lighter:-(

13. If youve just shelled out 725 quid for that....this one will be a keeper then!

14. Yep it is. I made a schoolboy selling my old evo sp for a multi pikes peak and won’t be making that mistake again. With only 3k on the clock and a list of toys including slipper clutch, miiv airbox, open clutch, DP pressure plate, zard exhaust, custom rear sets, DP seat, DP carbon carbon chain guards, DP carbon tank, DP alarm, .... its staying with me till the death. More upgrades in planning....

15. Actually - got any pics...dont think ive seen it yet!

16. 932962CD-F9F5-4547-BA63-442153376BC5.jpeg Given one of my hobbies is photography I’m embarrassed to say I’ve only a few iPhone snaps - photo project this summer I promise. Here’s a snap at Silverstone MotoGP last year and you’ll probably get to see it in the flesh if I dive over to hand over the old dash as I’m pretty local to you.

17. Exhaust has been polished since then (this winter’s entertainment)

18. Which mirror/indicators are those? Looks the nuts BTW

Do Not Sell My Personal Information