1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bmw Gs Header Heat

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by PeterT, Nov 15, 2020.

1. I have never seen this on any of my Ducati's before and it's baffling me. These pictures are taken today after my bike stood for 4 hours sitting at Box Hill, started it from cold and the heat was coming after about 1-2 minutes of idling ,no throttle input.
    IMG_0572.jpg IMG_0576.jpg
    I could understand if i was revving the nuts out of it but i was not? looks like it runs really lean?

2. Can’t say I ever noticed that on my newer or old style one. Be worth getting that checked out

3. Standard pipes too, also standard mapping. Bike runs perfectly also.

4. Are both like that or just one?

5. both the same

• Like Like x 1
  6. I had the same on a 2003 GS1150. Only noticed it when it was dark, but like yours, it seemed to run fine

7. Useful to warm your gloves on

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. The headers run very hot.1150s thinner wall lower schedule number. Are your headers equally coloured when cold? They are normally a light brownish colour. Look almost oxidised when cold.

9. My current GS 1200 Tripple black does not do this. Must be the older bikes only.

10. R1100s S version did the same. R1100r not. I’m pretty sure it’s a wall thickness issue. Some 1200s early models did this. If in doubt do a quick plug check for colour. If it runs otherwise OK not generally a concern.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information