1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bmw M1000rr

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Advikaz, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Bmw launching a homologation special s1000rr to assist them with their racing exploits.

It looks the tits !

starts at 31k grand though and with the M package (which you have to buy on top it’s 35k) - ouch. Also over the price cap for superstock I believe.

seems mad for a bike on stock suspension to me. They’ve upgraded the brakes which is good news although odd as they wanted to cut costs and made a big song and dance about how good those shit hays brakes were and have now junked them for Nissins anyway :oops:and lengthened the swing arm (also good news).

If it was me, I couldn’t see past buying the sport model. I got offered a brand new factory order sport for 14k earlier this year. You could build that up with Öhlins and the Mcrck (or whatever it’s called) motec electronics and have a really focussed race machine for substantially less than 31k.

a lot of wedge for anodised bling and stickers. The motor changes won’t do anything for mortals either!

#1 Advikaz, Sep 23, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  2. Saw this earlier. I like the graphics... A totally insane road bike. But I’d still choose the HP4 Race all day.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. it’s not comparable to the hp4 race really.

The HP4 race had a proper race engine and full kit electronics mate. This has none of that as well as full carbon chassis etc etc. It was basically 85% a world superbike. With some illegal for racing bits added.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yeah I've seen the HP4 Races on track as a few were at a euro trackday I did in November and they are a pretty real deal! for a start they sound like nothing else on the planet with the audiable traction control and the full Motec/BMW dash system, everything on the bike is milled, not a single cast bracket, it's just absolutely stunning.

This is presumably not built for anything other than WSBK Homologation, the best thing about it, is that no one has a gun to my head to buy it, so I can allow others who see the value to buy it, just that for me I would buy an S1000RR if I wanted something efficient, easy to use on the road but without Ducati levels of investment required (EG the M Sport is £5-6k cheaper than a V4S). If I had 30k to spend, it's going to be a Ducati, it just is.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sure. But at £35k it’s getting close to HP4 Race dough. I’ve seen some nearly new for just north of £40k. I think they were ~£70k when released?? That’s some saving. Still crazy money though for arsing about on...

6. Didn’t the HP Race ship with a 5k mike engine warranty too?!

7. Yes. 100% engine factory warranty. But you have to exchange engine for €12,000 a pop. Bloody fast bikes mind. My mates got one and we had some good drag races at Brno. Brno is a proper thou track. I couldn’t pass the bugger....

8. And I think it’s 5k kilometres....

9. Tbf that’s a lot for a race engine rebuild interval.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. .hetter than blowing a v4r up after 2k kms on track and Ducati dealer laughing at you while booking that special holiday to the Seychelles:p

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hey Doocardi troll!!! :laughing::laughing:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. But I have one now mister :eyes::skull::bomb:

13. I know... and a very nice one :D

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Soon to look & sounds better with a full system :motorcycleduc:

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information