1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bmw R Nine T Any Owners?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Flatfish, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Just wondering if anyone is riding a nineT, quite tempted!

2. Nope but surely u need to wait and have a go in a Thruxton R before you part with your dabloons?

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. And the R1200R. Not as pretty as the RnineT (or the Thruxton) but goes down a storm on test rides. (Must test ride both this year).

Talking of honest to goodness roadsters, there was a Guzzi Griso at a local bike meet the other night. One of the older twin pipe ones. Its one of those bikes that looks OK in magazine articles but absolutely fantastic in the metal.

#3 Gimlet, Apr 22, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I had one last year, only for 5 months, had to sell it when I lost my job..

Never had a boxer BM before and during my short ownership I loved it. So much you can do to them now with all the accessories you can buy.

Prices seem to be falling compared to where they were in 2014 and into 15. I've noticed second hand ones are taking a while to shift, some on MCN have been for sale for 6 months. I've seen private ones go for £9k. When the fog lifts I'll be tempted to buy another.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. I have a R1200R its a great bike, mine's a classic with the retro paint job and a few mods.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  6. great looking bike...love the mods!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. As the pani was the only sports bike that floated my boat, the NineT is the only tourer im considering.
    its those 959 style pipes you know :Smuggrin:

8. There was one on the BMW stand at the ni bike show in cafe racer guise , absolutely stunning looking.

9. image.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  10. Yes I have been riding my rninet since the end of 2014 and love it. Sadly it has to go as our first little one is due shortly and I'm keeping hold of the Pani.
    The rninet is a very versatile bike with bags of character and awesome looks. The only thing that bothers me is the wind blast over 60mph on longer trips (guess a screen would cure that but never liked the look)

Mine is for sale in MCN at the moment and has only had a couple of inquires in the last 3 weeks - so slowish. Given it has Ohlins rear and front fork internals I'm surprised it hasn't been snapped up at an asking of £9,500 (originally on at 10k)

11. I was in the BMW dealer yesterday. I was looking around the 1200gs bikes. I have to admit I was tempted but for what I would use it for, I just couldn't convince myself. I love the look if them.

Also looked at the RR, feck it just looks sooooo quick.

Have to say though, there was one of the nine type bikes, brushed aluminium tank, it was the best looking bike in the showroom. It had a sold sign on I, so someone is a happy bunny.

12. I went to Glemseck 101 (a classic sprint near Stuttgart) the year before last. BMW had a large stand there with loads of RnineT's that had been customised by their in-house team mostly using off the shelf parts. Normally I wouldn't give a Beemer flat twin a second glance but I have to say some of them were absolutely stunning. Still can't understand why a standard one is quite so expensive though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. A mate has an hp2sport , stunning , I'd love one.

14. Picked up a beemer last week on ebay. R1150GS Adv. Not the green thing in the back ground !! IMG_0719.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. Seen two of these today in my home town! One a 15 plate and the other a brand new one, so they are obv selling okay! I'm a good distance from the closest BMW dealer also.

I did ride the Thruxton R last week. Very very impressive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  16. I was looking forward to a ride on the Thruxton, but the dealer said i had to wait for perfect weather conditions!
    Anyone tried the 9t and the Thruxton? would be interested to hear views on the experience.

17. Yes I've ridden the Thruxton R and LOVE IT! I'll find my comments and paste them here.

18. Ref my thoughts on the Thruxton R, I would like to ride the R-NineT for comparison.

"In short I loved it, my only thoughts were that it maybe has lost a tiny bit of the charm of the old one. Frankly I surprise myself as almost every time I ride the old one i say "I wish it had better brakes, better suspension, and a 6th gear!" Generally though I'm not really feeling like the old one needed lots more power, certainly it didn't need the amount the new one has!

The new one is just such a different beast, it's now a bike that at 90mph cruising, when you give it a handful it is well over the ton with very little effort, which I found combined with such a capable chassis made me want to ride it like a sportsbike, and then wish I was on my sportsbike....

This all sounds a little negative, I really love the new bike, and it's probably my next bike, I just wasn't expecting to get on it and just want to miss-behave so much, where as on the old one, I kinda slip into 'ah, it's a modern classic, let's just chill out and cruise along'....

The tiny negative points for me where that the indicators just look SO cheap, easily sorted. The gauges take a while to get used too and on the bike i had, the otherwise top notch quality needles had a bit of a wobble to them. Finally the throttle and clutch are super light, which is great but reminds you that the bike really only 'looks' old, and they can lack a bit of feel.

Brakes are phenomenal, the BPF Showa forks are the plushest forks i have ever felt on a bike without feeling like you are wallowing and the overall finish is defiantly up to the price tag!"

19. Thats one nice bike, is it for sale?

20. Sorry ive already sold it.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information