1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bmw Streetguard 2 Suit Leaks Like A Fooking Sieve

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Firebladeboy, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Hi All,

So a couple of years ago I bought a BMW Streetguard textile suit from Riders of Cardiff (before they closed). It wasn't cheap at about £800 but I thought a quality bit of kit that would last me donkeys.

I've only worn it about 5 or 6 times but it got used in earnest on a Euro trip recently during which I got caught in a 2 hours French downpour. After about 30mins started leaking at forearm and by the end was completely soaked through! I was drenched inside.

It's a lot to pay for a leaky suit!! What are my options? Any suggestions?

Cheers,

FBB

2. if you can’t do anything with it in terms of warranty - have you tried to find the source of the leak, and made sure it wasn’t a fastener or glove crease or something simple?

I had a leaky furygan jacket that I couldn’t return or do anything about (bought on sale etc), it was leaking at the elbow crease, but I couldn’t replicate it by spraying water on it or submerging it...so I figured it wasn’t a busted seam and must be dirt/wear in the elbow crease when i am riding so I watched it in nikwax tech wash and resprayed it with one of their reproofing sprays (name escapes me but will find it if needed), and it was good for quite a while longer.

3. Mmm....this was total waterproofing failure. Even my vehicle docs in inside pocket were waterlogged.
    I suppose I can try to find receipt and try one of Riders other branches or contact BMW Customer services or something. If all else fails I’ll try re-waterproofing it as you suggest. Not good enough for something costing that much though!

Cheers,

FBB

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Suggest you email bmw, who's customer service is pretty good may I add, and explain the situation.

Ask where it can be sent to check for manufacturing faults.

It's not great it's failed, but in reality bmw don't make them anymore than Ducati makes its apparel. They'll need to get it checked to ensure that their supplier actually manufactured to the spec bmw asked them to.

5. Same thing happened once on a BMW suit the guy from the local BMW dealer was wearing who was riding with me.

6. Were you wearing it whilst riding a Ducati? If so then there’s the reason........it was designed to only be worn riding a bmw :)

• Funny Funny x 5

7. If you bought it at Riders the sale will be on their computer at the other branches. I called in at Bristol and everything I'd bought at Cardiff was on their records.

8. p.s. Your complaint is with Riders not the manufacturer.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. Update: So I contacted Riders and they did indeed have a record of the Cardiff sale but the years have flown by more quickly than I thought and it's 4 years and 9 months ago that I bought this! Hasn't been worn much as I say but I expect I'll be SOL with a warranty claim of any kind now. Will try the old Nikwax clean amd re-waterproof as suggested above.

10. Bung it on ebay...let it be some pony tailed lefties problem.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  11. People here rave about Rukka. I dont have it, I'm poor

12. Yyyyeah...My Mum taught me to ask the question, "How would you like it if someone did that to you?"

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Yeah, apparently they're good. I'll be fooked if I'm paying £950 (Riders had the price on file too - O U C H!!) and giving up that easy though!!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Buy a 20 quid oversuit to hide the appalling BMW logos :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. I was always a leathers and rain-oversuit bloke. Thought I was being clever getting expensive "tech" suit!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Someone did it to you....

17. Yeah, that's some capitalist greed-machine. To be expected but not emulated. Thinking about it I probably AM that Pony-Tailed Lefty you were talking about.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Not after ‘a couple of years’ it isnt.

19. Infinity often have end of line stuff at good discount.

20. And they shall suffer an eternity of being pineappled by Jimmy Saville.

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information