1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bmw Thread

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by evoarrow, Aug 6, 2021.

1. Well I moved from Triumph, basically the reason was they couldnt get the bike I wanted, so onto another dealer and back on a BMW. I went to look at the F850gs but it was just to tall for my short arse, but I relucantly took out a 1250gs for a spin. I was very impressed, after a couple of hours of riding around, went back to the dealer and lifted a new to me, 1250gs. These a cracking bikes, I'm very happy with it, it has marmite looks, but dont all bikes to a certain point. I like the look but the handling, braking, power etc I now have the satnav so coffee shop location tours wont be a problem. IMG_20210702_115144.jpg is suprisingly good and it was unexpected. So yeh, happy bunny.

• Like Like x 8
  2. Hopefully they've sorted out the issue with spokes loosening off. It was a couple of years ago so I'm sure all's now in order.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Great bike. Congrats. Had my GSA for 10 years now. Never a bit of trouble (not even loose spokes ;)). It's perhaps a bit top-heavy for me now, but I can't see me getting rid in the forseeable.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Too big for me as well. Standard GS is OK but the GSA is a monster.

The pre water cooled boxers are pretty much indestructible. That said evoarrow's bike has the advantage of a wet clutch at the front of the engine and the shift cam system, which is supposed to be really decent.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Great bike, best colour and can do almost anything in total comfort :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. 40,000 miles on my GS & still ploughing along:upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  7. What else are tractors for but ploughing o_O

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Will keep an eye on them.
    Tbh, hopefully this is a keeper. If I manage 40k I will let you know

9. GSA is just a bit much for what I wanted. I love the look but yeah, I'd look like a jockey on a hippo

• Like Like x 1

10. You could carry a coffee shop in your back box there :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. A very capable bike and very popular. Hope you enjoy :upyeah: Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. and it expands if you a friend along :p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Heavy, ugly from every angle,but enough about me! The GS is OK in most departments and outstanding in some. Definitely more common than most.

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information