1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Body Work

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Andy800, Oct 30, 2018.

1. So.... Not Ducati but still Italian and imho cool.
    Some know I have the RRV450 as a track hack. On track its absolutely phenomenal, so much fun, not the quickest of cats in a straight line but into corners its awesome.
    As a naked bike it looks pretty awesome. Its great to work on, from an engineering perspective its nicely built. The bodywork was originally made by Hifibre and I believe was loosely based on the RSV4......
    I wonder what it would look like with retro stye body work?
    Where would I go to get something made up and how much would it cost to get made up. Also where would I go to get my existing bodywork refreshed??
    Attached is a picture of it in the nudd.....

Image-1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. I was thinking of dressing it up something along these lines....

AC1DF114-8DE1-4622-8382-DB5C106436F1.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  3. So for now, the original bodywork has gone to Terry at Racepaint UK to be repaired and repainted plain back.
    From there it'll head up to Ted at The Imageworks to be vinyl'd up as Biaggi's Chesterfield rep :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Personally I thought it looked amazing before.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Leave it as it is mate

6. If its black I can just use vinyl to return to it to standard or change periodically to something different.
    I'm not a huge fan of the orange on it tbh and after the spill at Donnington it needs repairing/repainting.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Your bike, do what the bloody hell you want with it :upyeah:.

• Like Like x 1
  8. You might be better off buying the look you want off the shelf and making it fit - nothing's going to come with bracketry anyway

Try https://www.ricambiweiss.com/en/

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. The original bodywork I have I'm not taking too far from standard, I quite like the original scheme, simple but nice and easily achievable
    Ditching the orange as that belonged to the original race team who I got the bike from.
    I do value the opinions of others and i'm always open to suggestions :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information