1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bog Standard Breakdown Insurance

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by timberwolf, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

I am looking for Breakdown Recovery Insurance. Budget, UK only, recovery to my home address with my good self in the event of a breakdown.
    The usual suspects are above the £100 mark whilst the budget ones are around the £30 area.
    Like I said, no frills, i just want someone to come get me and my bike if it were to quit on me whilst out and about.
    Anyone recommend someone?

2. #2 El Toro, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  3. A single incident by any recovery van company will be far more than a yearly sub to AA/RAC/Green flag. And they'll throw in any car/vehicle you are in for good measure probably.

If you join Carol Nash insurance; they include for free uk+euro breakdown cover. Ducati insurance gives uk for free with £69 euro cover as an option. For the peace of mind, I'd pay the £100 or more.

4. Thanks guys, got fed up with faffing and joined RAC. Went via topcashback and got £35 back.
    Roadside assist and national recovery for £59.
    Yes El Tel, there are quite a few offering recovery between £30 - £40 on moneysupermarket but I aint heard of them and the reviews are poor. Extra £20 and I feel reassured.

5. Get it as part of my NatWest Rewards. Used it a few times over the years. Nationwide recovery and never had an issue with car or bike.

6. Having used both RAC and AA, id go for AA. Call em up and up and you should be able to get a deal.

7. I have used these guys for the last 6 years - https://www.autoaidbreakdown.co.uk/

I thought it looked too good to be true ( It was £36.00 when I joined and renewal is usually cheaper than whatever they advertise - currently £48 ) for the cost including me + the missus.

Have had to use them 3 times in 7 years - once from home and twice whilst out, twice of which were the car and once for the 748 and they have been as good as any RAC / AA I have ever used. They just use local garages for whatever it is ( like Green Flag ?) so I guess the service is entirely dependent on whichever local garage they happen to use on that occasion - but like I say my own experience has been good - certainly way better than I expected for the money.

It used to be that you had to pay for the claim to the local garage and then Autoaid paid you the money back - but I think even that has changed now so there's no money changing hands - may be worth checking though if that would be a problem for you.

8. The cheapies are often no more than a lift the the nearest bus stop!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information