1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bologna hotels??

Discussion in 'Touring' started by Stumacca21, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Hi,

Planning to take a trip over to the factory and museum in may, all set apart from the accomodation in Bologna, I have looked at various options but I am a little precious as to where I leave my bike, and trying to ascertain if the parking is secure and on sight has proved difficult,

Has anyone got any good recommendations from past visits ??? Not to concerned over how many stars or how the breakfast taste's !

Just looking for a hotel that you would leave your bike overnight with the knowledge that it would be safe and still there in the morning,

Planning a 2 day stay so any other recommendations gratefully received

Thank you in advance

Stu

2. I stayed at the (officially 4 star) hotel Amadeus, within walking distance of the factory, on the way back from WDW.

HOTEL AMADEUS,
    Via Marco Emilio Lepido, 39
    40132 BOLOGNA
    Tel 0039 051 403040
    Fax 0039 051 405933
    [email protected]
    www.amadeushotel.it

The hotel has an underground car park where I left my Monster.

They offer a Ducati special rate - mention you're going to visit the factory/museum when you book - I paid 62 Euros for 1 night bed and breakfast in June 2012

The number 13 bus goes from the road outside to the city centre if you want to explore central Bologna.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thanks Mrs C looks exactly what we need,

4. You could check in to a hotel in Riccione with secure parking, lots of restaurants and things to do etc and it's only 1 hour ride away from the factory.

• Like Like x 1
  5. If the Amadeus is full try the Hotel Del Borgo which is the hotel next to the Amadeus and is a bit cheaper.
    I've stayed there a couple of times and it's a great little hotel, prices from €40 a night and they're geared up for Ducati fans too.
    Same bus into Bologna central and it's the #54 bus to/from the airport and it stops virtually outside, just past the Ducati factory.

TESTO

• Like Like x 1
  6. Moved to Touring :smile:

7. Thanks everyone, we have managed to book into the Amedeus, looks good and has great reviews,

8. They do good pizza!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. You also need to go to the pub on the corner at the end of the road where the Factory is. It's called the 4 Cats. You'll walk past it from your Hotel as you turn left onto Roberto Cavarelli Ducati Street. Notice the English flag in the window too.

IMG_0584.jpg

We placed it in there back in December 2013.

IMG_0584.jpg

• Like Like x 2

10. We stayed in the Hotel Alla Rocca in the village of Bazzano, about 20 minutes ride from the factory. It has a secure underground car park, comfortable rooms, good food and is in a lovely little village. Highly recommended.

11. Thanks stuart

12. Sorry to resurrect an old thread !
    I’m on the hunt for a nice hotel in Bologna - central as I’m going with my family & will want to be in walking distance of all amenities. Will catch bus / taxi to the factory.
    Any suggestions ?
    Thanks

13. Have you tried the hotels mentioned 5 years ago?

14. Don’t think these are central enough, I think these are either nearer to airport / factory or further out.

15. You could try Hotel Centrale, just off Via Ugo Bassi great location at a reasonable price.

• Like Like x 1
  16. i stayed in a place called Ospitalita san tommaso d'Aquino... it was weird.. its part of a church and is staffed by nuns and priests!! they dont tell you this at booking.com. they make it out to be a normal hotel with nice views and such...
    the have a 1.00am curfew!! and no bar!!!! the room was tiny with a small single bed. 1 sheet, 1 blanket, 1 pillow, 1 towel and a tv the size of a credit card.. other than that, baron..
    bizarre... every one shuffles round staring at their feet and speaking in hushed tones...
    great central location though and VERY quiet!!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. I can recommend the Hotel Cavour as it's about as central as you will get and 2 minutes walk to Piazza Magiore.
    I've stayed there loads of times and it's great.

• Like Like x 1
  18. So you woke up drunk in a convent and just stayed there a few nights?

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information