1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Born Again Biker Norfolk Uk

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Festa, Jun 21, 2022.

1. Hi Guys, been away from road bikes for about 13yrs since I sold my 916 which I loved and wish i had kept, i'm getting the bug again for a toy to play with and looking at either an 848 or 848 evo (very very slight chance i might go fireblade) Theres a couple of fairly local 848's i've seen on ebay and would appreciated some feed back. The evo i believe was last serviced in April 2021 including belts and has done 700 miles since, the white bike is up to date with servicing and last service was November 2021. The evo is pushing my budget and as i've been away from Ducatis for so long i'm not really clued up on prices and specs.
    Many thanks, hopefully I might meet a few of you if local

Evo https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125367431140?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

White 848 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/195123303865?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

2. Thanks :)

3. welcome festa'

4. Hi, welcome.
    If it were me I’d go for the Evo as:
    Brakes are better than non-Evo (which are complete rubbish)
    Has full 70mm slash cut Termi system

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Welcome and enjoy

6. Thanks. Yeah those Termis are lovely, I didn't realise the standard brakes where rubbish

• Like Like x 1
  7. Welcome to the forum.:)

8. Wash your mouth out fireblade indeed :thinkingface:

:D welcome into our mad house
    I'm partial to a rubbish bin picture if you want to keep me happy

9. Thank you :)

10. well the evo is overdue a big service with valves checked and looking at about £850, should have been done in April. The white one had the belts changed in 2019 and apparently they are 5 year belts so don't need doing again until 2024, that cant be right surely..

11. I’d take the evo all day long. Whereabouts in Norfolk are you. Carl Harrison (someone will correct me on the name) can take care of the belt service if don’t want to pay main dealer prices. I bought a standard 848 back in 2009 and spent a small fortune on the full exhaust and big brakes. Well worth it though. Wish I’d kept the bike

• Like Like x 1
  12. Im in a village near Kings Lynn, closest service centre would be Seastar I think and thats who did the last service and belts on the evo in April 2021. Its 2 months overdue a service and valve check etc at 7600 miles, belts due again in less than a year so might as well be done now with the valves. To be honest I was looking at offering £7000 max when I was told it had FMDSH now finding out its due a big service straight away I would be looking a lot less so think my search will have to continue.

13. If it had belts and a service in 2021 why would it need belts again this year? I’d contact seastar directly. They may be able to tell you what was done

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. It doesn't really need them this year but does need the valves checked so seems logical to do the belts while the bike is striped down and paying the labour. Belts are due again in about 9 months anyway so makes sense to do now if stripping down for the valve check, that said from what i'm being told the belts would likely be the uprated kevlar ones part number 73740252A same as fitted to later models and are supposed to be good for 5yrs instead of 2yrs, and at only 7600 miles the valves are very very unlikely to need adjusting anyway. Jap bikes are so much easier :)

15. Greetings Festa! Are you an Uncle by any chance?

festa.jpg

16. Thats like looking in a mirror :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information