1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bos Carbon Exhausts For Carby 900ss

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by =^..^=, Nov 16, 2021.

1. EDIT - THIS CONTENT MAY SEEM DISJOINTED BUT IT HAS BEEN PULLED OUT OF A CLUTTERED "FOR SALE" THREAD

I thought that was what you meant :)

The devil cans on my blackbird are separate to the link pipes so it has springs like that. Makes sense really as then the same can design just needs the pipe swapping..

#1 =^..^=, Nov 16, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2022
  2. Thanks Chris, I’ve sent a DM to the seller.

3. Thanks mate, that’s interesting. I think the seller is keen that once they’re sold, they’re sold which is fair enough.

4. Damn it. Best of luck with the sale mate and thanks for finding the link.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Very useful info. I would have just assumed they would have fitted. I would have thought Ducati would have used as many parts as possible between the 6/7.5/900, obviously not!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Reading up - one thread I saw said that the 750s have a slightly shorter stroke, therefore it has a shorter head so the exhaust port sits closer to the crankcase - which makes the headers different,. I guess they could have engineered the headers to put the exhaust union in the same place but you can also see why that didn't occur to them.

• Like Like x 1
  7. The 750 headers may have a slightly smaller bore, but I think the cans are the same. Would need some sort of proof though for certainty

• Like Like x 1
  8. Having a look on Stein Dinse, it appears the 750 cans were different

• Like Like x 1
  9. Great price, GLWS :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yeah - definitely priced to sell :)

11. No interest ??

12. All you can do is add a weekly bump like you are, only other option is to add a (cough) drop but only if you felt like it of course

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thanks Chris

I guess it's also probably a bit close to Christmas to be honest - people just don't have spare cash (unless it's a present for themselves and who doesn't like nice carbon fibery goodness for xmas...)

I think I'll leave bumps till late jan / early feb :) I'm not really in a rush to sell them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Let's give these a little nudge and see if anyone wants to start the new year with some shiny carbon cans :)

15. Wasn’t @hosepipe after some bling for his 900SS?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yeah - I've been on his resto thread but he has a set of cans that he is re-packing whilst he's looking for high level cans :)

17. A 140 mph 900ss, Speedo seems a touch optimistic……..

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Optimistic ?
    I have seen an indicated 150 on more than one occasion and the first owner of my 1993 900 told me it had been recorded at 136 on an MCN test day at Bruntingthorpe.

• Like Like x 1
  19. It would seem adding fairings increases top speed to a very underpowered engine compared to naked bikes.

KTM 790 105bhp=135mph top speed

20. Definitely. Air resistance is an exponential function of speed.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information