1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bounce Back Loan Scam

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by BIG M, Jul 13, 2020.

1. If you’re in business watch this eye opener. :neutral:

• Useful Useful x 4
    • WTF WTF x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I saw this a couple of days ago. Shocking what scum will do.

3. What was the name of the guy selling the Superlegerra again :thinkingface: Oh, and did you have his DoB......

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Cheeky b@stards. I’ve shared the video around.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. TLDR (well, listen).

He needs to cut to the chase.

EDIT: He eventually got there in the end. Scary scummy scammy stuff

6. Guys buys car unseen. Asks very little. Gets invoice from seller incl bank details. Full amount paid in bank. Seller can't believe his luck.

Turns out, took invoice, got seller details, got govt bounce back loan in sellers name, it was paid direct into bank and not clear it was govt, buyer calls himself BBL Ltd so BBL on bank looks ok, seller has bought his own car with loaned money and scumbag would have simply driven off the new 50k car.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Interesting thing is that the "loan" as granted without a signature or any due diligence. The guy kept the car which is good but I wander if he could keep the cash and for proof that HE applied for the loan.
    My experience with loans (not this type) is that the bank - or whoever it is granting the loan - want to know the ins and outs of you bowels and a sample of your piss before even considering you. How come it is so easy to get a 40k loan by fraud? Normally for a lot less money, you have to take your trousers down and bend over and then take it like a man.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Administered by cowboy loan companies and overseen by the government - enough said :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I was hoping it would end with footage of what happened when the guy turned up to collect the car.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  10. Cheeky we basard

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I hate people

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. you dont mean that

13. Humans are as my lovely grandmother would say....

“Shit c**ts”.....

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Hardly any checks are done for the BBL and the money is in the account the next day. It was the same for the grant money, so long as you had a company with premises you just applied and got it. Same with furlough money. I'm sure there will be thousands of prosecutions for fraud when things start to settle down.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Fucking hell the evil ploys conartists develops. If the rich paid their fair share of taxes, we'd have a police service who could investigate & deal with these incidents. Instead you won't get a copper turn up to a burglary et cetra. Because the government has cut the services to protect there off-shore tax haven buddies.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Despite the criminality involved in this scam you’ve got to admit it’s genius. I hope no one got stung by it but expect some will have. If the scammer in this case had been a bit more thorough with his groundwork and asked more questions and quizzed the dealership more in-depth like a genuine buyer would I suspect there would have been a good chance he’d have got away with it.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Surely the car has to be collected or delivered somewhere.
    It might be done by somebody oblivious to the scam and just being employed to do so, but if the Rozzers could be bothered to rock up when it's collected they'd have something to go on.

nasher.

18. It was super fast to apply. They offered me a % of my gross. I’m taking it up as a backup and then giving back if not needed after 12 months.

When does the government offer you free money for 12 months, totally unsecured? Never....

19. I take it this has nothing to do with being on a yacht in Monaco. :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. That’s exactly what I have done for my business.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information