1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brake Pad Recomendation

Discussion in 'Sport Classic' started by David Hales, Sep 12, 2017.

1. ok if i keep the stock brakes, whats the best pads?

i also read somewhere not to use floating discs with standard brakes?, thought they was all floating theses days?

2. There are a variety of manufacturers and pad grades that get people's votes. I like the feel and performance of the Brembo SC grade for both my road and track bikes. Not sure what you were reading but fully floating discs tend to be made from cast iron which is a little more abrasive than OE so are likely to wear the pads out a bit quicker, nothing more. If you can get steel floaters then no difference. Majority of modern Ducati discs are semi floating, so only a small amount of movement instead of rattling (unless shagged as per "Is it safe thread"). Andy

3. Bendix MR get my vote (similar brakes as standard on the aircooled MTS ) although the 4 pad P34 is a useful upgrade without going radial

4. There is no 'best pad'.

Some pads will last ages, some wear very quickly. Some give loads of initial bite, others more gradual. Some work only when kept hot, others work roughly the same from cold to hot. You have to decide what you want the pad to do for you before choosing which make/model of pad.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Depends on how you ride and how much you use/rely on your brakes......sintered pads will give better stopping in wet weather,but they can also wear the discs a bit quicker.There's a massive choice out there,good luck!!

6. I am a fair weather ridder and not a racer, just want good stopping power

7. Might be worth finding out how much the OE pads are.....sometimes they're not as expensive as you think. I'm a fair weather rider too,and my bike is just coming up to 10k miles,I still have the original pads in,I rely on engine braking more than stopping power.They have worked well when I have needed them though.

8. I destroyed a set of oem disks on a Honda sp1 by using hh sintered pads, all in about 100miles of hard riding, iv found the standard pads are generally good, though I ran my 1098s on sbs pads as the initial bite was softer.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information