1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Brake Pads- Wierd?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by yev, Oct 9, 2017.

1. just changed pads on my bike. same EBC part numbers as before, but they dont line up ? big to big and small to small? isnt it bit strange? had no option but to change anyway , but can i r IMG_1685.jpg IMG_1687.jpg ide like that?

2. It's because the pad material is non-symmetrical, measure them if you can't see it by eye, not a problem.

3. Don't see why not. The pads bear on opposite faces of the disc so do not need to be exactly symmetrical.

4. but the old set did line up?

5. "New improved"!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. It's almost as though the are handed - the old set have a large and small pad too. What does the other calliper look like ? :)

7. Oops :)

aFA447.gif

• Like Like x 1
  8. other caliper looks exacly the same, i tried all configurations and they just not lining up large-large, small -small .
    does it mean they scrwed up packaging?

9. I took my oem ones out to clean and service the caliper the other day and exactly the same in that they don't line up.

I thought maybe they were handed and they had got them mixed up between the two calipers but if they are like that from new must be the way there are meant to be.

10. Looks like someone has ballsed up in the packing department......

Seeing as they are handed, it seems like you have either 2 - off inner or 2 - off outer pads, and not 1-inner & 1-outer as per the diagram in post #7 ???

Post #7 states that they are handed, either RH & LH or Inner & Outer, just does'nt look right to me ??

Take em back

#10 Poucher, Oct 9, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  11. nope... my Brembo pads are like that on the M4's and I've gone through two sets of pads and that's how they come it seems, I was sceptical too initially.. unless of course I've had two sets of badly packed pads o_O

12. Please see the diagram above - they are handed :)

13. Yes, or you mixed the packets up once opened?

14. nope

15. Picture of both? :eyes:

16. ok, when i ordered them, i just specified 2x sets of pads for panigale 1199s . obvious enought to supply RH+LH ( if indeed they are different) .
    just emailed EBC to get to the bottom of the issue

17. Looks like they are handed in the packets thought so all very confusing as you should have a pair in each packet.
    Maybe the packs are not handed, the pads in each packet definitely are - worth re checking the other side?

18. tried all possible configurations

Do Not Sell My Personal Information