1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Brake Pads

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by PCRR, Jun 24, 2017.

1. hello all,

Hopefully doing my 1st track day in July on my 1199.
    Looking at front pads there appears to be a few MM left. Should I change before or after track day?

What pads would you recommend when I do change?

Bike mainly road use but if enjoy track day I would imagine I will do again.

2. ..after sounds like you have plenty left.

3. I swear by Bendix 341 MF pads.

4. I'm planning on switching to SBS RS sintered pads, not planning on tracking, but just want a stronger initial bite.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ebc hh are fine imo. No squealing in wet like those br@mbo pads.

6. I use Brembo SCs in the Multistrada 1200, Diavel and 1098R. No pre warming required like the RCs, good bite, plenty of feel, no fade under continuous heavy braking on track like the SAs and never had any extraneous noises from them, wet or dry. I fitted them to the 1098R for Almeria and they were awesome. Not the cheapest I know but never been given a reason to change. Andy

7. Thank you all for advise, going to try sBS rs sintered.

Is it just a straight swap?
    Do you apply copper slip to any areas of pads?
    Does anyone know torque of calliper bolts?

8. Please do not use copper slip unless it is the very smallest smear. At high temperature it turns into a liquid and runs all over the place. The workshop that I use apply a tiny amount of adhesive to the back of the pad so when the caliper piston retracts it takes the pad with it. Torque is 43Nm and remember to apply a small amount of molybdenum sulphide (or white) grease to the bolt thread. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  9. And when the copper slip drys it goes hard !
    You should be using red rubber brake grease or a synthetic version
    http://www.caarparts.co.uk/single-part.aspx?PartNumber=GRV0846&PrevPage=ACCESSORIES

10. Can you use red grease on where pads slide on calliper and back of pad or should I leave dry. On my car I have always applied a thin layer of copper slip.
    Was going to bleed clutch and rear brake with Motul 600 as there both quite dark.

11. Back of the pad only and if you can stretch to the extra cost, go for 660 as it meets a higher spec. Nothing wrong with the 600 if you prefer not to and it's a lot better than bog standard DOT4. Andy

#11 Android853sp, Jun 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  12. Thanks for advise

Do Not Sell My Personal Information