1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 Brake Pads

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by f1swk, Jul 19, 2018.

1. im getting a bit of travel in the first pull of the lever and noticed that the front pads are down a good bit,what make of replacement pads are people using.
    its standard ones that are in, seem to work fine but wear quick

2. Brembo SC. Useful table in this link. Basically span road and track. They do not need warming up, but stop a lot better than the standard pads.
    https://www.bikehps.com/brembo/brembo_brakepads.html

(Movement on the lever shouldn’t change because pads are wearing. That is probably just in need of bleeding).

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. thanks will have a look,are these hard on the disc, i think the movement is a combination of the abs and the amount of fluid it has to shift with the pads being worn

4. The pistons in the calipers don’t keep moving back to their original starting position. In theory, no matter what the wear, the surface of the pad to the disc should be the same distance and the lever/fluid movement exactly the same.

The ABS is a pain and I have it on the lowest setting.

You can “bleed” the abs unit by pushing the pads/pistons all the way back in the calipers. In theory that pushes any air up to the master cylinder which is a doddle to bleed.

5. Just put in Brembo sc pads and did a stoppie on testing them. They felt strong. riding down and Testing them on track next week

6. i have just bought a set of sc pads on rons recommendation,hopefully get them fitted this weekend

7. Did you get the RS?

8. no the sc version,there down as covering road and track

• Like Like x 1
  9. Worth checking TRW

Do Not Sell My Personal Information