1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brakes Feel A Bit...strange?

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Benvstheworld, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Can't describe it but i got my diavel today and immediately the brakes don't stop like the Panigale, even though they are the same breaks.

It sorts of bites a bit then releases then bites a bit then releases, seems sometimes it brakes harder than others, should i be concerned and contact the dealer? I've been told the brakes on this bike are fantastic and should stop to a pinpoint. Could it be new pads and need to wear in? They look fairly new.

Seems to happen more at low speed too.

2. Pump the brake lever before setting off a number of times.

3. The Panigale brake master cylinder is in a different league to the early model Diavel brake master cylinder so won’t give you the same feel. I also find if the semi floating disc bobbins are seized, braking feels odd. A quick check is to feel how much rotation there is just in the carrier, should be about a millimeter. If the disc is solid, you need to free up the bobbins.M5 nut and bolt through the bobbin and rotate with a battery drill/screw driver whilst using a bit of brake cleaner. Andy

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information