1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Braketech Rotors

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by duc13, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Anyone on here running the iron braketech rotors on there 749/999?
    I just fitted some to my 749 and was wanting to use the ferodo platinum pads,
    they don't make the 4 pad sets in platinum ;-(.

I got the rotors still in a box when I purchased the bike recently and they had the ferodo
    sintered pads with them, Braketech themselves say these are safe enough to use,
    so I'm going to use them now that I cant get the platinums,
    but was wondering if anyone on here had used them on iron rotors and if they had
    any excessive wear.

005.JPG

2. Can't comment on the Iron discs but I did have the Carbon Ceramic mix Braketechs on my R1 some years ago and they were, and up to date have been the best brakes I've ever had on anybike.
    Hope the irons are half as good and you'll be a happy man.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Yeh, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be happy with them Shoboshi :) .
    To tell the truth I was pretty happy with the standards but when your given them with the bike they obviously had to go on.
    I only just did a trackday and unfortunately just didn't have the time to get them on for it.
    Looking forward to next time.

4. I'm sure you'll enjoy. Just watch out for damp condition when not using the bike. They build up surface rust quite quickly.
    Keep us informed...

5. Have finally scrubbed these in Shoboshi, Thought the standard discs/pads were great as it was, now they're a class above.
    Looking forward to the next track day.

IMG_7742.JPG

Do Not Sell My Personal Information