1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brands 19th July

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by RickyX, Jul 4, 2017.

1. I shall mainly be on day 1 of 2 days going round in circles at Snetterton :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Anybody else? Gonna be a bit hot and sweaty I reckon!

3. No, baby track...Indy.

4. I stopped bothering with Indy, four groups per hour is just shyte, especially when some twat bins it on an outlap and brings out the red flags which seems to happen a lot at Brands. Too much down time IME.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. GP track noise limits too tight for my bike, even with baffles in.

6. Your bike must be loud lol,
    Do you get on other tracks with no problems ?

7. Not really but it is fairly "barky" (70mm full Termi system).
    GP has 101dB limit whereas my bike "scrapes" through the Indy 102 limit. Not worth the hassle if it fails!

8. Yep i understand i have the same system on my 1098R plus loads of engine work could not be bothered with hassle.
    So i brought a R1M and left it standard for track use only never have any problems with noise.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Your lucky Ricky
    I failed snetterton Monday with 106db on a fully road legal Akrapovic with baffle in.
    Had to wire ex valve shut to get through static then cut wire after sighting laps and was fine all day
    Usually gives 100db

Have fun RickyX

#11 Cobra88, Jul 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Had a great day even though the promised weather did not turn up (quite glad as I thought 25deg and sun would be a tad warm).
    Met @ final edition Andy which was nice.
    My mate's RC8R went sick so I leant him my M1100S and he said he hadn't had such an enjoyable hoot of a Trackday in ages...which is nice, again.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Glad you hzd good day Richard. I wazx thinking of you at about 3:00am thiz morning at the lightning cracked acrosz the sky and torrential rain awakened me.
    Guess itcleared up at Brands?

12. No actual rain, occasional misty "mental" rain on the visor that made me slow down and then realise that the track was still dry, so then speed up again.
    Never seen so many vans and trailers...arriving at 6:15 and the paddock was rammed full!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information