1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brands Hatch Td

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by chizel, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Anyone got any days booked in? Not sure if I have time/money to book any more days but I'm pretty keen..
    Seen a novice only day on the 3rd of March..
    Not sure my bike will be back together by then ( could be if I went so lazy!! ) or what weather will be but if some folk offa here happened to be going that day it might inspire me...
    Certainly don't want to do my first day on my tod.

2. Brave in March !

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. There’s a normal day on 2nd March too.
    Bit pricey considering it may be snowing...

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. The weather is the biggest factor aint it...
    You get days like today which although not ideal for tire temps, I'd be comfortable riding the roads in, and you think happy days are here again... then we get a cold snap...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. What about later in the season? Anyone got anything booked?
    It's a track I'd love to ride.. I think!!
    Been to watch a few races there and watched many on the telly back in NZ.
    Probably better known back home ( in my day at least) than any other uk track

6. Brands today with PeterT, perfect weather, no spills. Good to meet Andy (749) and Andrew (900SS Special)

948BC54A-2EFD-4B01-B0D5-C0F511582FB2.jpeg 69989F23-3CD9-4440-BCA3-49004FA180E8.jpeg F39CDD3B-C9A8-4976-B27F-C50C1FDCF8A6.jpeg

#6 Chris, Aug 29, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  7. None Paul - still not up to it but was good to see how many Ducatis were there, almost one of everything!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Doing Brands GP on Monday.
    Weather looks dry and sunny so will be there on 1098R...

• Like Like x 1
  9. No, both of us just spectating and enjoyed an afternoon of glorious weather and thunderous sounds from all types of motorcycles.:upyeah:
    Might Pop up Monday then Ricky to see you honing around on your ;R;

• Like Like x 2
  10. Nice weather here in Kent. Have fun Ricky

11. I did indeed....but with some issues...

Back from a weeks holiday last Saturday, prepped bike Sunday....reversed car up drive to load bike on trailer....car coolant shat itself over the drive...brilliant!
    Ok, go “old skool” and ride the bike to the track...fork me, I know why I haven’t done that for many, many years...6 degrees at 6am in vented leathers with a weighty rucksack into the blinding sunrise is NO FUN!

Had a great day with @trevorhavoc on track and @CRYSTALJOHN who came along with supplies of tea and a nice chair for my weary bones to rest on!

BUT.....last session, a few laps to go when...ping! Chain snapped exiting Graham Hill!
    Coasted to the grass and waited for the van of shame to pick me up!

Now, if I’d had my car and trailer this would have been a minor inconvenience only.

John VERY KINDLY took me home in his luxury limo which has a tow bar. Mrs X rustled up some home made hake goujons for posh fish finger sarnies, attached trailer and went back to Brands to collect bike.
    Knackered! John was great for helping me out and Trev for loads of moral support and track guidance!

Just had a look at the bike - took the front sprocket off as the chain was wedged behind it (no dramas...unlike some others...no names mentioned @PaulPhillips ) and there’s no damage apart from a couple of scrapes.
    Thank fuck as I don’t think sand cast 1098R cases are cheap!!

The weather however was indeed glorious!

#13 RickyX, Sep 3, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  12. The van of shame mate, the van of shame! van of shame.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. We’ve all been there ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Indeed..4th time for me!

15. Boom! Skills. 4 times here too...except everyone a crash (and none on trackdays)

16. I binned my 998 on the Nurburgring a few years ago. Their van of shame costs a fortune or did back then and to add insult to injury I had ridden there so had to get pillion back with my mate then get a van then go back and get it lol
    Good old days

• Like Like x 2
  17. Ouch! Wallet more than bones I bet too!

18. It actually cost me More than the bike was worth to get it track recovered then home.
    No bones
    Broken that time and lesson learned to always take bikes in a van

• Agree Agree x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information