1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Breakout998

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by breakout998, Jul 29, 2017.

1. hi everybody, I have been interested in Ducatis for 35yrs
    broke a few, disappointed didn't buy the Imola (secondhand) offered to me for AUD $2,500 when i worked at Spooners in Sydney 1974.
    Still miss the F1 i sold to buy a lathe,
    But now i got a scrambler "Urban" as well as some other bikes i never sold
    The bike i ride most is the scrambler, after the hyper 1100s nearly killed me when riding down steps to place it infront of my car, lost control and the bike smoked actross the garage floor and took the wifes car-door and sill out on her new F86 haha (ducati still cost more to fix than the car!!!)
    the scrambler is the most enjoyable, but possibly most flawed Ducati I have owned?
    bad seat, really poor suspension, (non existing hi speed circuit) causes big hits on me and bike at speed on tar-seal if i hit potholes etc as i have pushed the ride height and it fells like the suspension is solid, ? front works better?? jerky throttle response?
    i have mastered it now, but nobody new to the bike should have to put up with that?
    so these are the things i am looking to fix?
    hope to learn the best solutions here?
    looking forward to talking to any body with similar interests

Peter

2. Welcome Dave :)

3. Hello and welcome into the mad house

Pics of bikes and bins are the law around here

Do you like red ? :)

4. yes only red, dont know why?
    thought the F1 was great red white and green?
    Have seen people get upset because I might have said yellow dosent seem too Ducati? so of course i would never say that ever again!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I have some nice Ducatis, when you get a bike i will tell you, (joking) I have some of the missing competition bikes? missing from the UK, probably put them in a coffee shop, bikers coffee shop? thought I would? haven't done anything with them, need some help with the laptops?
    seriously, think of a Scrambler? cheap and pretty straight forward, great to ride?
    What bike did you last have? red one? nice to meet you specially as we have the common interest
    Peter

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bit of a fan of the question mark eh? ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. What happened to your previous profile BO 998? :) did ET do you :eek:
    Welcome back...:):upyeah:

8. All the Aussies, when they speak, end what they are saying with a rising inflection. Never seen it in typed version before.

We have no idea if he is making a statement, or asking a question.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. From his previous incarnation I would imagine statements :thinkingface:

10. You mean he was a buttonhole once?

11. 2nd option :thinkingface:

12. Welcome mate. :cool:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information