1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brembo Caliper Refurbishment

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by SP4S, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Fellow Forum members,

I have a pair of Brembo calipers from my 888 which are in a pretty terrible state and need refurbishing, i cant recall the name of company that refurbs them, so if anyone can recommend said company that would be great.

On another note if anyone has a set that are new/hardly used set that are going spare happy to look into buying.

Finally, if anyone is aware of company selling new ones at a reasonable price thats also a possibility, There was a company in Italy a few years ago selling for a reasonable price, but cant seem to remember what they called.

They are nothing special on the 888 and mass produced.

2. Try bike torque racing there brembo agents

3. Not listed on their site

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  4. #5 Chris, Nov 19, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  5. I used BCS Automotive in Nottingham to refurbish a pair of Brembo M4 calipers. They didn’t have replacement pistons in stock and it took Brembo 3 months to send them from Italy. Not BCS’s fault but I got the impression that they don’t keep a lot of motorcycle caliper parts in stock. I was also disappointed that cosmetic refurbishment was not included in the price of functional refurbishment which was not cheap in the first place. Andy

6. The pistons are fine. They have been overhauled. The general look of the callipers is pretty shoddy. There is a deep scratch on one of them.
    Will post a pic.

F32A7C41-33A8-4E1D-8AE6-6A8CBD6411D1.jpeg

20E5E51B-8E5D-4712-BA59-C598822B7F85.jpeg

7. So, it’s a question of having them resprayed/powder coated if that’s possible.

8. wow! they are in much better nick than I thought they'd be - if you can't live with the marking, particularly on the highlighted "brembo" script then replating probably won't be enough/replacement would be the only answer and you would have to check images carefully before purchase. I think this is a P4 30/34 with 40 mm pitch fixing, and is very common across Ducati bikes of around that year.

#9 Chris, Nov 19, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  9. Talk to BCS, they offer a cosmetic refurbishment service. Andy

10. It is a P4 30/34. I doubt the deep scratches can be taken out. These are original set from 1993

11. Try carpimoto or omnia racing both in italy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information