1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brembo Gold Calipers

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Wooly46, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Guys, any tips on what to use to make my gold calipers shiny and new looking again, apart from having them totally refurbed? I've cleaned with brake cleaner but they're still dull looking!

2. Hi mate. Mine looked grubby so took them off, removed brake pads, scrubbed in washing up liquid and then a bit of silicon spray. Not mint but came up miles better

• Like Like x 1
  3. Strip'em and get them repainted.

4. What about alloy wheel cleaner it's got acid in it brings metal up a treat.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yeah... Good point!

6. All little jobs I need to do over the winter!! I need to get those mudguard clamps off you too mate!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Here on one side for you. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Sdoc 100. Brings them up like new.

9. I took my P4 calipers off and used alloy wheel cleaner and a toothbrush,, took a good bit off time but came up literally as new, the older gold lines are more of a textured finish so the brake dust will take more brushing out but still works the same

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I took my P4 calipers off and used alloy wheel cleaner and a toothbrush,, took a good bit off time but came up literally as new, the older gold lines are more of a textured finish so the brake dust will take more brushing out but still works the same

11. Cillet bang worked a treat on these.... 100_1400.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  12. Gunk and a stiff nylon brush worked really well on mine.

13. Orrr, convince the mrs that your bike is like her shoes and so as it looks tired, you need a new bike :D

14. Wouldn't use alloy wheel cleaner, as it can erode plating and paint surfaces over time, you could try a gloss ceramic coating on them like Gtechniq crystal serum or Nanolex Si3D.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information