1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brembo M50

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Regenwulf, Jan 5, 2019.

1. I've got a spare pair of calipers from my 1199 which I think are M50. Any reason why these wouldn't work on my 796 hyper? I guess they should fit ok, but what about the m/c?

Any thoughts?

Cheers

2. The M50 where used with the 330mm discs and your Hyper only has 320 mm discs so unless you have a spacer underneath your callipers might not fit, but easy to check.
    Also the m50 has 32mm pistons and yours probably running 34 mm pistons so not sure what master cylinder you have but should work ok but you could find the brakes rather aggressive though, the cylinder diameter is 17 mm that these work with on the Panis

3. Yep, the calipers have spacess so these can just be removed to accommodate the smaller discs.

I guess with the MC isit just a question of try it and see. I have some other options I could experiment with. Will report back unless anyone else has any thoughts?

Cheers

4. Try it and see is the best solution

5. Yep.. They'll fit with spacers... You'll need a brembo master cylinder to natch (16mm I think..) the braking will be epic compared to stock...

6. Thinking of doing this upgrade myself,but wonder if changing callipers and m/c will affect the abs system

7. As ive got no ABS on anything i cant definitively say but...its just a pump, pumping fluid - see if the part number for the pump is the same as another duc, if it is id say thatll answer you question...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. As i said an RCS 16 matches - thats what ive got on my rsv4 coupled with a set of m50's

• Like Like x 1
  9. It shouldn't have any affect on the ABS which uses the wheel speed sensors to work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. The wheel sensor isn't the problem, it would be how the ECU operates the ABS pump considering things would be operating at slightly different pressures. In reality, although it may make some difference, it probably isn't enough for most riding to expose a significant problem.

11. Did you end up installing the M50? Change the master? How did it go?

12. I did yes,RCS 19 corsa corta master cylinder used,not tried it proper yet,weathers been shite.

13. Cool. Make sure to report back after testing. :upyeah:

14. Got a few trackdays lined up,just waiting on OZ to deliver my new wheels

15. I haven't done yet. I have some new Hel calipers to fit to the Pani which is why I have the M50 spare. I will report back on both combinations, although won't sensibly be able to test them properly until the track day season this summer.

jm

16. How did you go with the M50's on the Hyper :)

17. Post pictures of m50's fitted please, looking at this mod myself :cool:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information