1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brembo Rcs Conta Corsa 19 On V4

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Kaspar, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Hi guys ,
    I’ve just ordered a Brembo Conta CORSA 19 for my 2020 V4 (base model)
    Has any one installed one?
    i wanted to know if it’s a straight swap for the standard MC on the bike or will I need a different reservoir or different size hose ?
    Thanks for reading guys

2. From the picture of the 19RCS Corsa Corta here, http://moto.brembo.com/en/detail/110C74010, the body of the master cylinder does not appear to have a threaded hole for the reservoir support bracket used by the OE master cylinder,
    0B8ADF24-D846-4D6E-A0B2-6D2BB71580D6.jpeg
    Andy

3. So why that one was it recommended it is the correct size for the ratio ... or was it just a guess?

4. I don’t get what you mean ?

5. You don’t or can’t just drop a master cylinder at random on to a brake system they come in different sizes and ratios.
    So I’m asking how did you arrive at that one and size?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. The shop recommended 19 - what’s your thoughts?

7. I think the V4 stylema calipers are 30mm Pistons?? in which case you'd probably want a 17RCS?...I'd have thought a 19 will give you super instant stopping power and zero feel....

8. Really...

9. Which shop...

10. Road Race Performance Shropshire

11. More than likely, just pointed you at HPS to show you what it looked like. As andyb suggests, you could make something yourself or modify an existing bracket. The issue for me, is where to mount the bracket, a problem I have had on two incarnations of one of my track bikes. Andy

12. Do you know the size of the hose on the OEM res as brembo use 6mm inside diameter which is smaller than some bikes oem hose.

13. Recently fitted the same unit but on another manufactures bike, Same callipers thought with same piston OD as the V4. Definitely more lever feel and modulation, but that could also be down to better brake line configuration and higher quality fluid. Make your own bracket, Or personally I would drill and tap the top yoke and keep it way neater. Just making sure you keep the level res pot above the MC...

14. image.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Could well be wrong but ive put GP4RX calipers on my blade (32mm pistons) and a 17RCS, amazing stopping power and feel... Omnia racing advised on the 17 and IIRC the Brembo site advises on a 17 for pistons 32 and under... doesn't mean the 19 won't work obviously... afterall everyone likes their bike setup differently...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information