1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Brembo Recall

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by jqworle, Dec 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Its going to be a big recall for a lot of different makes of bikes.

2. Cheers for the heads up :upyeah:

3. I’m not sure I want to wait until February! Wonder if it’s worthwhile contacting them earlier

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Just spoke with the workshop and whilst they know that there is an issue with a Brembo m/c, they have not been notified which models are affected or if it is a batch issue or total recall. From the potential models affected identified in the press, I'm guessing it will be the bikes fitted with M50 calipers but don't shoot me if I'm wrong :). Andy

5. upload_2018-1-4_14-27-10.png

Gawd knows how I've just done that..

6. I’ve spoken to two dealers and they know nothing about it.

They can’t carry out recall work until they’re instructed to by the manufacturer

7. Worked it out; rather than pressing print-screen (PrtSc) button. Then open paint & pasting cntrl+v, I copied the page image using cntrl+c & pasted it into a post on here. Never knew you could do that'

8. There's a lot of chat about this already. Brembo have issue the recall. That will need to be filtered through the manufacturers, then out to individual countries, then down to customer level..... it'll take time.
    No news if it's by batch, or across the board. The article above says "since 2015" so I guess it'll be a big one. All the news is coming out of the US as far as I can see for now to.
    If your bike is affected, you'll get a notification because as it's brake related, VOSA will be involved.
    I wouldn't get too concerned as yet due to the affected time frame being voiced.... 2015 is a while ago now so if something was drastically amiss, you'd already know.
    Dealers, Ducati UK etc. have had nothing yet, so no point lighting their switchboards up ;)

9. Anything involving a brake recall will concern owners

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. I agree, mine as many have, have been spanked.. I’d like to think I’d have heard something from an owner by now.

Those cylinders are on loads of bikes !

11. Thank you for that post, @nelly sensible and informative as always.

12. I more than agree, but putting a bit of perspective on it can alleviate those concerns sometimes. I'm not saying there's not an issue, and I know people will be concerned, I'm just adding my take on it from my perspective. I've had several calls already and as I said, I know nothing about it yet (other than a couple of US websites) and neither do DUK.
    It'll all come out in the wash, but the cylinders have been in use for 3 years or so, I've seen no failures or heard of any in the UK. There may have been some replaced but the cause wasn't known??
    Just trying to help ;)

13. Given how active this community is, had these been failing and regularly, I'm pretty sure we would know about it in the same way some Ducati rear brakes has been know to be shite. I suspect most of this is pre-emptive which is a good thing.

I feel it's a good move to contact your local Ducati dealer if for no other reason just to say "hi I'm here keep me in mind" and as mentioned, some dealers appear to not know yet. But again, we haven't seen big issues within the forum so it would not be unreasonable to suggest be informed but keep calm.

14. Made enquiries about this at Riders Cardiff today, apparently this recall is America only ?

15. At the moment. most recalls start in the USA first as they are the most litigious and I see no reason why their brake cylinders will be any different than European ones.

16. Perhaps it's because Americans are demon late brakers :astonished:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information