1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brembo Sc Pads Now Called Sr

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Android853sp, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Picked up new brake pads for the Multistrada yesterday and the SC pads that I favour which are between the standard SA and race RC pads, to be told Brembo have rebranded them SR. Different part number but they look to be the same or very similar pad. Time will tell, fitting them is my job today. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Great road pads

Bendix MRR were good but no more

3. Did they fit ?

4. Yes, no problem. Yet to get out and bed them in, hopefully tomorrow. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hi Andy

mum just about to get serie Oros to replace warped disc. Will need to change pads too, what are your thoughts on the pads, I normally run EBC or Carbon Lorraine HH pads .

6. Pads are very much a personal preference and my preference is the Brembo. Have to say, I cannot tell any difference in performance between the rebranded SR and the outgoing SC, it just suits me. Pretty sure new Ducatis still come with the Brembo SA as OE, a good pad but tends to fade pretty badly under sustained braking when you are charging around the Picos mountains. I use the SC(SR) on all our bikes both for the road and on track. Andy

7. I think the OEM Brembo pads are a step down from SA, have a look here and there are specific 'Genuine' options for the 1260 MTS.

Fitted SAs all round to mine before recent trip to Scotland, seems to be an improvement over the OEM pads IMHO. The LA option is also new, don't recall that being there a month ago, at the same price as the SA they maybe worth a try buut I would be happy with the SA TBH. Maybe I'm not a hardest of brakers but the recommendation to intentionally get the ABS to function to purge the ABS unit was pretty impressive. Braking performance around Scotland was tested over a week and not found lacking.

8. Now I am confused (just for a change)
    I seem to like the 07BB1990 for the front, is that completely different to what you guys are running with?

9. That is the Brembo reference for the Ducati OEM brake pad. If you are happy with that, go for that one. Just looked out an old package I kept, the reference for the ones I use is 07BB19SC. Andy

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information