Brexit Poll - What Do We Think Now?

Discussion in 'Speakers Corner' started by Exige, Dec 14, 2017.

?
  1. Voted Remain, would still vote Remain

2. Voted Leave, would still vote Leave

3. Didn't vote, still would not vote

4. Didn't vote, would vote Remain

5. Didn't vote, would vote Leave

6. Voted Remain, would now vote Leave

7. Voted Leave, would now vote Remain

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. You got something wrong didn't you, I'm going to tell Finm :yum

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. True but here's some alternative facts, Dollar has weakened, £GBP hasn't done anything really!

3. Which is good for business o_O:upyeah: best scenario all round!

4. I should have waited to buy my belts and taken advantage of the currency...

5. Here is the 10 year euro to £ graph showing we are not far off a 10 year average - and similar to 2009 to 2014 :)

IMG_3825.PNG

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I didn't move my prices to reflect the current recent rates and have been riding it out :sob:

Humble o_O:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  7. He's using his own. ;) Has his fingers in many pies, does Exie. :)

Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 22.57.29.png

8. Trust you to spot that one :rolleyes:
    Did you spot the ad on the first graph, someone must be spying on me :eyes:

:innocent:

9. Big Brother. :worried: It doesn't matter what I look at online. Most sites that use ads have adverts for these very same products the next time I use them. :( I bet we don't know the half of it. :eyes:

You've obviously been perusing Bonhams site then. :) :upyeah:

10. That very auction in Las Vegas:eyes:

11. I think he only notices currencies in groats. I saw the xe link but thought I'd offer Tesco :D

but let me show you something, in 2008 at the beginning of the year the pound vs dollar was £1.9793, by the end of the year it was £1.5848 a 40 pence drop

Beginning of 2009 it was £1.4502 and at the end £1.6627 and for the next few years it trundled along at early 1.60's/ highish £1.50's

26th feb 2016 it went to £1.3862. On brexit vote day the 23rd of June, speculators were so sure we would stay in that the market overseas valued the pound at 11pm at £1.4798, the next morning when the vote was clear it dropped to £1.3621, an 11 pence drop, with a forecast we would soon be on a 1 for 1 with the dollar, 18 months later we are at 1.36/37 depending on what time you looked today.

Despite being claimed brexit dropped our currency, the day after the vote it was only 2 pence down from where it was 4 months earlier.

Under the last labour government we had a 40 pence drop, under brexit we have had a 11 pence drop, which one do you think was worse by actual figures and would you say today's media matches those facts?

The pound was always over valued at 1.40 plus and many markets saw a bubble building due to debt and it's natural level is within the 1.30's.

Were I to bore you further I could probably show you where the pound went down and up based on nothing to do with brexit but rest of the world events.

12. Thanks, I'm going to sleep v.easily now :):zzz:

• Love You Love You x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Germany’s Radical Foreign Policy Direction
    BY RICHARD PALMER • JANUARY 12

We have reached the end of “the good Germany.”

That’s not my analysis, it’s the conclusion of Christiane Hoffmann, deputy director of Der Spiegel, one of Europe’s most popular newsmagazines. She wrote:

The new global situation will also mean a departure from the good Germany. When principles collide with pragmatism, when values clash with interests, Berlin will be forced to make difficult decisions. But how far should we go? What means are we prepared to employ in order to defend Europe, to bring the Middle East closer to peace or to stabilize Africa?

She is not the only one saying this. German Foreign Minister Sigmar Gabriel is also paving the way for Germany to more openly and aggressively pursue its own interest.

“If your focus is solely on values, you won’t find success in a world where others are relentlessly pursuing their interests,” he told Der Spiegel in an interview published January 8. “In a world full of meat-eaters, vegetarians have a tough time.”

The German foreign minister is implying that Germany is about to start eating meat!

Germany is on the brink of a transformation. But what is it transforming to?

First, we need to get a better picture of what Germany is transforming from. The assumption behind Hoffmann’s and Gabriel’s words is that in recent decades Germany has not put Germany first. That must be confronted to get an accurate picture of Germany’s future.

Germany may not have pushed its own interests openly and aggressively as other powers, but like everyone else, it has still put itself first.

The war in Yugoslavia is the best example. At the United Nations, some referred to the breakup of Yugoslavia as “Genscher’s war” because of the role German Foreign Minister Hans-Dietrich Genscher played in starting it. Germany’s role in this breakup is thoroughly documented in our free booklet Germany’s Conquest of the Balkans.

But Germany was cautious and discreet about it. Once it got the United States on board, Germany was happy to let the Americans take the lead—and the spotlight.

In other circumstances, Germany may have been less ambitious than it could have been otherwise. Its guilt for World War i and especially World War ii and the Holocaust has held it back. But those memories are fading, crises are multiplying, and Germany’s postwar caution is ending. Germany is now less weighed down with cumbersome attempts to hide its power.

On May 9, 1945—just one day after World War ii ended in Europe—Herbert W. Armstrong gave a public lecture warning about this power in Europe going “underground.” There would be a “third round,” he told his audience. Soon he was warning that Germany would lead an economic union of nations in Europe.

In 1991, the second year of the Trumpet’s existence, editor in chief Gerald Flurry published an article titled “Biggest World News Happening in Germany”—reminding the world of the warnings Mr. Armstrong gave. We’ve continued these warnings through all these years. Others have increasingly begun to sound similar warnings.

“The question of Europe now is again the question of Germany, of what it wants, what it fears, what it will and won’t do,” George Friedman writes in his 2015 book Flashpoints. “This is the old question of Europe. It goes along with the oldest question in Europe: When will the next war start, and where will it be fought?”

Last year, Niklas Frank, son of a prominent Nazi official, caused a minor stir when he told bbc, “Don’t trust us”—us Germans, that is. We invited him to come visit us and to elaborate further. “As long as we are dominating Europe with our industry, everything is OK,” he told us. “But if they dare to take away our money, then it will become dangerous” (you can read a condensed version of the interview here).

14. If you believe, as some do, that Germany sought to control europe once more but this time politically and financially, then through the eu they achieved that. The trouble is as with any group doing such a thing, those empires never last.

Now assuming Putin is behind most things, I suspect he can see the eu project becoming less democratic and more dictatorial and the gamble that was the eu's of bringing in old eastern block countries to boost the membership, is now failing. Even as we speak after the right's moving into governments throughout europe and today's Czech elections with the pro Russian candidate winning the first round, it would appear the eu is losing control of many of the old eastern block countries

Many of the old eastern block are losing faith with the eu project and did not swap one dictator (the USSR) for another, they see the eu as weak and point to Merkel's immigration policy but also the panicking of the eu to centralise and remove independent countries own history, finances and independence, that is why you have such groups as the Visegrád Group

If it is putin pulling the strings then the next step will be to destabilize those old eastern blocks relationship with the eu's top table even further to a point that a number of old eastern block/now eu countries, will return to side with Putin in a Russia/eastern block alliance.