1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I actually heard Jeremy Hunt’s name mentioned as a candidate for the top job.

That’s how bad it has got.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. :astonished:

3. yip, it was to do with the worst hotels in Britain, our local "The Stewart" and people trafficking.
    spooky.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. I believe you misinterpreted some Cockney Rhyming Slang there, Glidd.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. It was a good speech by Verhofstadt. He’s right Of course, we should be getting on with it.
    But it’ll get delayed...if the EU allow it and they probably will because they don’t want a no deal exit.

A delay is the worst outcome of the whole lot.

6. All part of the plan, Sam!

7. aye, and wanting the best price and or a good home for your prized possession is total tin hat madness too.

8. yip, probably. you would have to be a v,strange individual to get any pleasure or entertainment from this. unless you seek to profit from it right enough.
    you would also need to be lil mad if you think, despite all the agro, people are gonna settle into it. and not necessarily because of the decision. but the whole process of it and what led up to it.

9. The issue i have with 'cross party compromise' is that Labour have been Chameleon esq in terms of where they stand on Brexit since day one.

Corbyn has shown he is anything but decisive, he rants and raves about the Tories being shite (which they are) but whilst doing so his 5, 6 or 7 tests (however many he's up to or Abbott can count towards) are all once again pie in the sky.

His 'Tests' were designed with nothing more in mind but to sound appealing (remember student debt), but to try and give him reason to oppose every decision made along the way to getting Brexit done. They are if you like, simply spanners in the works, and he knows it, they all know it as thats why half of them can barely remember what they are when asked.

The mans simply not intelligent enough to run a country, he's a back bencher at best, in fact he's one of the worse type of back benchers. He's a spiteful and angry man who at times forgets why he's angry, but dammit he's angry nonetheless

Farage, May, Cameron, Clegg, all of them are bare faced liars, and yet Corbyn is just as bad because when he says something or makes promises in run ups to elections or voting, its all just impossible and financially flawed bollocks.

Corbyn gained new 'members' to the Labour party by promising various shite, he's managed to still hold on to some of those new members by 'sort of', 'kind of', 'almost' backing a 2nd referendum.

The mans constantly playing a balancing act of keeping his new and improved membership base figures up (left wing, London centric and students), whilst also trying to retain the historical and huge voting base of the more Northern working class, the majority of which want and voted for Brexit.

He's not got a clue, its all bollocks and spin.

Labour should have got rid of him many many months ago, but that didn't happen because of the new membership base having the say.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. i don't go with the, not intelligent enough thing tbh. i dont think being a super brain is a prerequisite for being a leader. although a good memory deffo helps.
    experience, a good judge of character, a weather eye, and a bit of balls about you for leader. compassion and empathy too if leading a country is yer goal.
    having some smart cookies as ministers and MP's? aye, deffo.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Ok, a level of intelligence is required, but Corbyn?

Nah, he's a snake, an opposer, he's most certainly not the number one thing that he'd need to be to run our country, a leader.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. But he’s on the record that he’s answered that previously, having discussed it fully at Conference!

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Answered what? His leadership ability of a country?

14. Anything you care to ask him. It’s his stock response.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. They did, and it’s true, an EU lawyer type dude chick said so on Question Time and was not rebuked by any MP on the panel.
    Reading it, which you haven’t, clearly shows this to be the case. So wake up and smell the heather lil dude :)

16. Hope you didn't think I was taking the p1ss :)

with my limited knowledge of politics I have been looking around at the various parties and their websites. The SNP, in my view, seem to stand out as one I would consider being worth voting for.

#28256 Alan williams, Mar 15, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  17. Oh, well I guess the jobs his then :neutral:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Boris the bumbling clown is now caught up in a row about investigating historic pedophile cases. He will never be the PM.

#28259 Jez900ie, Mar 15, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  19. Interesting. And he will never be PM.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information