1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. tshirt.jpg

Does anyone have a suitable pen I can borrow please ?

• Funny Funny x 5
  2. This one made me smile:

signature_count":2507},{"name":"Maidenhead","ons_code":"E14000803","mp":"Rt Hon Theresa May MP",

Are any of the MPs not on the list?

I take it that’s the number of signatories in each MPs constituency.

#28922 Darkness, Mar 22, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. There are 2.65 million signatures now. Let's be generous and assume 100k are from Brits living abroad and 100k are fake...and the point is?
    Not that this petition would make any difference.... this Brexit process had been a proper test for our political class.
    I am well disappointed with the lack of real progress.

#28924 alexko, Mar 22, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I wasn’t really making a point, just found it interesting that the SKY article was pointing out that only about half the signatures were claimed to in the U.K.

5. Sky lies about stuff.

They cannot help it, it's pathological. Or possibly some religious principle.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. :scream:

Are there any news sites that don't though.

I also saw somewhere that Hugh Grant, Jennifer Saunders and Brian Cox have apparently signed it, that's that then, cancel Brexit the real experts have spoken :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. It's an interesting dynamic when you analyse it.

Leavers support the Ref result, believe that the government won't ignore the democratically determined will of the people and wait quietly for May to do (what naive Brexiteers believe is) her job. Leavers are in for a shock!

Meanwhile, noisy Remainders, having lost the vote, wail, tear their hipster beards and gnash their teeth and demand an end to Brexit (they sometimes use that term, sometimes they use other terms, eg "People's Vote). Naively, Remainders don't realise that no one is listening to them, not Leavers, not the Government. The UK Government is determined that the UK will Remain in the EU, or quickly rejoin it, and nothing Leavers or Remainders say will change that.

The Remainders are wasting their energy yelling for something they will get anyway, and Leavers are waiting for a train that will never reach the station.

I wonder what it would take for Remainders to start to ask themselves difficult questions regarding democracy and the vote/voice of the People. What will be the trigger? It isn't ignoring the result of the nation's largest ever vote ... it isn't the extraordinary performance of the EU during "Brexit" ... it isn't the even more extraordinary performance by the UK government ... it isn't the UK's armed forces being subsumed into a fledgling "EU Army" (the EU Military Command structure currently agreed in principle by May AFTER 23 June 2016) ... it isn't the loss of individual EU member state veto rights ... it isn't the loss of the right of member states to set their own budgets and tax regimes ...

What's it going to take, Remainders? What's your Red Line? Speculate as wildly as you like - the EU has already got plans for it!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  8. Another Meaningful vote next week
    Passes with a majority, leave on May 22, which means start arguing about the trade deal.
    May resigns within a month.

Meaningful vote fails.
    Government have until April 12th to consult with EU.
    May & HofC come up with a new agreement which they pass with a majority. Could be WTO, GE or second referendum or combination maybe something else completely different after talks with John Cleese.

EU grants longer extension of up to two years provided MEPs are elected to Brussels. Farage is happy to keep milking it.

#28931 Jez900ie, Mar 22, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  9. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
  11. I'm sure they will get around to it but technically at the moment, we are still leaving on the 29th as is the statute. to accept any change of that date requires parliament and the house of lords to agree to the change and so far, non of them have even started it let alone put it into law

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Brex.png

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Politicslive have just put a full screen poster showing the petition to revoke A50, it was on screen for quite a while, is this the media being neutral .

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. It looks like the conservative party may split..... albeit not down the middle, but may be a Hard right group, with a possible new leader ......could be Tony Blair.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • WTF WTF x 1
  16. the media dont do neutral. they are oppinion makers and mood shakers.
    over 80% of em by readership are pro brexit.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information