1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. #28941 Exige, Mar 22, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2019
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  2. It didn't work then :thinkingface: o_O

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  3. Russian bots at play

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Mmmm, very odd :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. More likely Dianne Abbott doing the counting.
    Steve

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Mine had lots of new houses for sale so I guess so, old man :)

7. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I don't see how it can pass. Notwithstanding the 2 overwhelming defeats so far, Brexiteers will vote against it due to the backstop and wanting no deal. Remainers will vote against it wanting closer ties and preferably revoking A 50.

Trying to square that circle is how we are where we are.

TB

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Looks like the Thames needs dredging in front of the old County Hall.

10. Just a remoaner on the TV saying 52% wasn't enough to win the referendum so it should be stopped :bucktooth:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Don't worry exi, they had no problem with it before the vote :upyeah:

12. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. I think it depends on the ERG and the Remainers confidence. There doesn't seem to be any chance of WTO now though with these idiots in charge who can be sure.

If the ERG think the second ref will become a reality they could decide to back Mays deal as the second ref might mean no Brexit whatsoever. I guess faced with Mays Deal or nothing they could vote in favor? Even so theres maybe 90 max of them, so it would be very close. They would require some Labour votes - but I think they would get them. Of course another billion to Arlene would need to be sent too.

Similarly if Remainers were offerred a vote for Mays Deal with a guarantee of a second ref, they will probably do it also. This would be much easier to pass.

Still if these don't happen, May will probably lose control of the process through indicative votes which will do the same thing. The second ref would require a longer extension. This sounds much worse than it really is imo, as unless WTO is an option the timing isn't so crucial.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information