1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. What sort of Government (joke - 'Government') would a General Election produce?

How about 'None' because they will all want a re-run, followed by another.

2. I've seen similar arguments to these (at least, they seem similar to my layman's eyes) which are being treated as conclusive by some and irrelevant by others.

My own firm, considered opinion is - no idea. We'll see on Friday.

Except - this may already be out of date. I hear that some of the ERG leaders, including JRM, are leaning towards the EU's deal as presented by May. I gather that an agreement approved by the EU gets over any legal difficulties regarding extensions, etc. Funny that.

3. Open your eyes
    Better than moaning about Armageddon ffs like some :rolleyes:

4. My eyes are wide open. Jobs fucked for a long time to come, whichever way it goes.

Blindly saying it's all going to sweetness and light is, IMO, being deluded and doesn't make it any truer than the opposing view to yours.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. The nation was built on those who had optimism enough to bring about change, those that have always fought that, tend to be where they wanted to be so have adopted I'm alright jack

On another plus side :D my soon to be blue passport that has empty pages in the middle, will now have country stamps on it again, so getting better value for money, how cool is that :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. You don’t have to wait for BREXIT, there’s a whole rest of the world that likes stamping your passport.
    I’ve Egypt, Morocco and Mexico in mine.

7. I wanted a Switzerland stamp in my passport but when I crossed over from France, there was no one on the border. Similar situation when I crossed back into France.

So Switzerland is in the EU after all! (Or it's in France.)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. I’m not sure what your point is.

Is it that they lost their majority because they were going to carry out the result of the referendum?
    If so, I thought both the main parties said they would, didn’t the Lib Dem’s say that would remain in the Eu regardless of the referendum?
    Why didn’t they win the election ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Alan, you are currently arguing with the intellectual equivalent of a puddle of water ... and worse, a puddle of water that a labradoodle has piddled in.

Best of luck!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. That’s why I said it :bucktooth:

11. Because too many chose to vote elsewhere because they did not like their manifesto.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  12. And how can you’re opinion be correct :thinkingface: ah, stop press, Dukey has just agreed with you, you fooked :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Sorry I still don’t get it.

People voted elsewhere because they didn’t like the policy of leaving the EU as a result of the referendum.
    Am I wrong that the Lib Dem’s were saying they would remain in the EU ?
    So why didn’t they win the election ?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Because that would mean having to vote Lib/Dem. The stigma would just be too much for any “young person” whose Student Loan hadn’t been cancelled.

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. The Ducati Political Thread Rite of Passage

An important point in many Ducati Forum members' journey - Arguing Logically with a Springer Spaniel / Suet Pudding Cross

For some members, the slow realisation that one is arguing with plate of semolina that has somehow learned to type is a difficult one ...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. More People voted elsewhere as they decided that other Parties manifesto was preferable to the Tory one.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Crap Crap x 1
  17. It comes from the fact that since we have been a member of the worlds largest free trade agreement area we have become progressively wealthier. It’s why countries form such alliances. Since we want to “take back control” and “make our own laws” then it is inevitable that having different standards from the rest of the world will make product more expensive. As will sterling tanking. It will even make U.K. made products more expensive as some components will be made abroad and ultimately you have the price of oil underpinning everything and that is traded in dollars.

• Crap Crap x 1
  18. Really!!! Well fookin’ hell :bucktooth:

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information