1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. A coalition government for years to come.

2. Strong possibility that.

Who do you think ?

3. Perhaps they all went to the school of Dianne Abbott

4. I might be wrong , but don’t you need something like 65% to vote to go on strike these days ? Perhaps the Gov should have stipulated something like that before the referendum ?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Turnout for Eu referendum was 72% I think, so they would still have lost :)

Edit, sorry see what you mean now.

Perhaps they’ll learn from their mistakes and stipulate that next time

6. I meant just for something really important that would potentially cause people to lose money like going on strike .
    I voted leave and still stand by that despite all the doom sayers and glad that the vote wasn’t as it is if you were voting to strike (I think ) that you need far more than 50% to carry it through

7. Wouldn't it have been funny if the result numbers were the other way around but the government refused to accept remain and spent 3 years trying to over rule it :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Headline:
    "Nicola Sturgeon is set to make a statement to the Scottish Parliament about Scotland's political future."

Oh goodie..... I wonder if she'll have anything new to say.......
    Pretty sure INDIE mark 2 will be the main topic.

I see a section 30 order being issued to keep our northern villagers in check.

9. Much more interesting to see May kicked to the kerb within weeks

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48011201

10. Nicola Sturgeon is set to make a statement to the Scottish Parliament about Scotland's political future

To be expected, their conference is this Saturday and Sunday. It will be the same old piss and wind but nothing done.

She will need to make enough of a nationalist noise to keep the loud members subdued, whilst at the same time keep her party in the news for two days. Whilst at the same time knowing if she pushed it, she would not have the numbers and people would expect her resignation if she failed a second snp indi vote.

Make no bones about it. the last thing Sturgeon wants is to resign so like May, she is very much kicking indi down the road for as long as possible.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. ^
    :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. what does it say?. i aint clicking on it

13. A grave mistake: Streaker runs through a cemetery before being brought to ground by sprinting police
    • Ewan Miller and friends were visiting their mate's grave in Inverness, Scotland
    • They were greeted by a man running through the cemetery absolutely starkers
    • The man was eventually tackled to the ground by police following a chase
    • He was heard to be shouting grrrr tories in westminster

They have a video of plod chasing the afore mentioned streaker, very benny hill

14. A colleague of mine was in Inverness last week and isn't denying it - I don't think it was Finm :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. another success story for the tory's care in the comunity policies.
    anyhoos, not me.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. He was heard to shout, exi made me do it, just saying

• Useful Useful x 2
  17. NHSScotland - How it Works
    Responsibility for the National Health Services in Scotland is a devolved matter and therefore rests with the Scottish Government. Legislation about the NHS is made by the Scottish Parliament. The Cabinet Secretary for Health and Wellbeing has ministerial responsibility in the Scottish Cabinet for the NHS in Scotland.

The Scottish Government decides what resources are to be devoted to the NHS, in the context of devolved public expenditure. Of approximately £34.7 billion controlled by the Scottish Government, around £11.9 billion is spent on health*.

source, The Scottish governments own nhs website http://www.ournhsscotland.com/our-nhs/nhsscotland-how-it-works

Just saying :D

Do Not Sell My Personal Information